[net.sf-lovers] stored matter transmitter images

I have often wondered what I would do with a copy of myself---or
perhaps what a copy of myself would do with me.  For instance, when
I got up this afternoon I needed to do my laundry.  Suppose I
created an exact duplicate.  One of me could do the laundry while
the other read net.sf-lovers.

But if he were an exact duplicate, he (I?---we seem to need new
pronouns) would want to read net.sf-lovers and have me do the
laundry.  How could we come to an agreement?  (Perhaps I would
do the washing and he the drying... :-) )

Still I can imagine all sorts of interesting things we could
do.  But until someone invents a duplicator, we will have to
be contented with mere speculation.
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris@umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris@mimsy.umd.edu

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (10/10/85)

In article <> chris@umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>I have often wondered what I would do with a copy of myself---or
>perhaps what a copy of myself would do with me.  For instance, when
>I got up this afternoon I needed to do my laundry.  Suppose I
>created an exact duplicate.  One of me could do the laundry while
>the other read net.sf-lovers.

Then the other one wouldn't have read net.sf-lovers and probably gotten
very mad that you made him go out and do the laundry while you just sat
around and read.
>But if he were an exact duplicate, he (I?---we seem to need new
>pronouns) would want to read net.sf-lovers and have me do the
>laundry.  How could we come to an agreement?  (Perhaps I would
>do the washing and he the drying... :-) )
Try editing the part of the brain labelled "self-motivation".  Turn it
off for a while.  When you need a servant, zap him up off the backup tape,
give orders, and have him report to the demat machine when finished.  Of
course, humanitarians would shit bricks sideways if they found out about
such callous use of computer-generated clones...
						Carl Greenberg