brolsma@BBN-SPCA.ARPA (11/17/85)

From: Bruce Brolsma <brolsma@BBN-SPCA.ARPA>

My Model 1080 monitor flipped out on the second day I had the system; since my
dealer is just 10 minutes away, I was back in business within an hour.  It was
his (and my) opinion that if the system is gonna go, it's more likely to do it
soon after you start using it.  Overall, I'm quite pleased with the system.

I'd especially like to thank Commodore/Amiga for the keyboard layout.  It's a
joy to use.

    -bruce
    Bolt Beranek & Newman, Inc.

jim@randvax.UUCP (Jim Gillogly) (11/22/85)

In article <1953@gatech.CSNET> sloan@gatech.CSNET writes:
>I powered down, powered up, and
>checked the system.  The mouse and workbench were fine.  But the
>keyboard was dead.  Not even CTRL-A-A worked.  Also, the CAPS LOCK
>LED was lit.  I took the keyboard to my local Amiga store, and when
>they plugged it into their machine, it did the same thing.
>
>The good news is that they are going to fix it or replace it for me
>by tomorrow, free of charge.  Whew!

We finally got our machine through the developers' program, and the keyboard
was DOA in the same way yours died: CAPS LOCK LED lit and all.  Like yours,
mouse and workbench worked.

Unlike your experience, I've had to return the whole thing (NOT JUST THE
KEYBOARD) to Pennsylvania AT MY EXPENSE!!!  Not to a local dealer, not just
the keyboard, not postpaid, not nothing!  And they'll eventually get around
to sending a new development machine.  And we're sitting here.  Just great.
Some guarantee.  Two weeks at least.  I called and kvetched to everybody who
would listen, and they all said that was the way the policy worked.

Fumingly...
--
	Jim Gillogly
	{decvax, vortex}!randvax!jim