[net.micro.amiga] make

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (11/28/85)

In article <467@graffiti.UUCP>, peter@graffiti.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
> While on the subject of UNIX front-ends... a while ago there was an IBM-PC
> version of Make posted to net.sources. If anyone would like to try porting
> it to the AMIGA (and tell me how the port goes, so I can use the info in my
> purchase decision), I may be able to get it to them (no guarantees, since it's
> archived somewhere in my "old sources" cupboard).

   Just as long as there are no misconceptions - this version of make isn't
very much like the UNIX version at ALL!  It did sorta work, but no macros, no
default rules - it was almost more pain than help.  I suppose it's better
than nothing, though... maybe I'll have to do one myself [ :-> ].

--
           Mike Farren
           uucp: {dual, hplabs}!well!farren

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (11/28/85)

In article <305@well.UUCP> farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) writes:
>In article <467@graffiti.UUCP>, peter@graffiti.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>
>   Just as long as there are no misconceptions - this version of make isn't
>very much like the UNIX version at ALL!  It did sorta work, but no macros, no
>default rules - it was almost more pain than help.

Maybe I should clarify my previous posting.  It looks like there were two
makes's posted to the net within the last year or so.  The one I have
running on the amiga is the one written by Landon Dyer (of Atari :-).
It does have macros, and if it doesn't have default rules, it will by the
time I get through with it...

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,dual}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145