[net.micro.amiga] Garbled voice

CC004049%BROWNVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (11/27/85)

From: George S. Musser Jr.

I think the voice is garbled because 4 bit planes steal a lot of
cycles from the 68000.

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (11/28/85)

In article <580@caip.RUTGERS.EDU>, CC004049%BROWNVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA writes:
> From: George S. Musser Jr.
>
> I think the voice is garbled because 4 bit planes steal a lot of
> cycles from the 68000.

  I couldn't find the original article, but a couple of points are in order:
     1.  4 bit planes don't steal a lot of cycles from the 68000, unless you
         are in the 640 x 200 mode.
     2.  If you are talking about the voice in the "voice demo", I have noted
         that that voice is pretty garbled under the best of conditions.

  Of course, not knowing what you're talking about, I may not know what I'M
talking about!

--
           Mike Farren
           uucp: {dual, hplabs}!well!farren