[net.micro.amiga] Jersey Amiga Users Group

perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) (11/21/85)

December 20th will see the first meeting of the Jersey AMIGA
Users Group. The meeting will commence at   7:30 p.m. at the
Hill Center, Rutgers University. The  room will be announced
at a later time. Directions to Hill  Center may be gotten by
calling the Rutgers Microlab at (201) 932 - 3129.

This group is being put together by myself and Eric Lavitsky
whom you know  as the creator  of info-amiga as well as this
news group.

Interested parties, vendors,  and developers  are invited to
attend. There will  be  amigas  available for  demonstration
running demos from  various vendors as well as software dev-
eloped by Eric and some by me.

Be there.

						Perry S. Kivolowitz
						ihnp4!ptsfa!well!perry

perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) (12/06/85)

Another reminder  that  D E C E M B E R   2 0 T H  will see
the first  meeting  of  the Jersey Amiga Users Group (Jaug).
We will be meeting in the large lecture hall of Hill Center,
Rutgers University in New Brunswick, N.J.

The meeting shall begin  at 7:30. Representatives from sev-
eral manufacturers and retailers are expected to attend and
will be  making special ``user-group'' discounts available.
AmigaWorld may also  attend,  if not in person, at least in
the form of sample copies of the mag.

For directions to Hill Center, call the Rutgers Microlab at
(201) 932-3129. For more information, talk to my grandfather
at (201) 271-4522 (treat him nice and do what he says).

Net.atari readers are of course welcome as are memebers  of
the interested public.

						Perry

tim@ISM780C.UUCP (Tim Smith) (12/07/85)

Why is most of net.micro.amiga cross posted to net.micro.atari?  And why is
most of the ST stuff cross posted to net.micro.amiga?  Maybe the groups
need to be re-organized:

	net.micro.atari                 8 bit atari stuff
	net.micro.amiga_and_st          Amiga and 520ST stuff

This would come closer to recognizing reality.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim
			  ^

perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) (12/09/85)

In article <121@ISM780C.UUCP>, tim@ISM780C.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:

> Why is most of net.micro.amiga cross posted to net.micro.atari?  And why is
> most of the ST stuff cross posted to net.micro.amiga?  Maybe the groups
> need to be re-organized:
>
> Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim
> 			  ^
> 			  ^-- Not ISM780C, ignore the header!

Timmy,

	Usually when one has a  beef with a particular article posted
to the net, one sends a meesage  to the author and not to the net  as
a whole. Since you have sent  your  message  to  the  net, this reply
should also be as public.

	Do you  have  a  problem  expressing yourself with the aid of
profanity? Or perhaps your command of the language is so limited that
the thought that you could  express the same intent  with fewer words
just didn't come to you. Maybe it did but you are too bloody mindless
to recognize a good thought unless it bites you on the ass.

	The discussion of what material should be sent where has been
beaten to death (or maybe you can't remember back that far...or maybe
you can't read at all and when someone read my notes aloud to you you
got the wrong impression?)

	I sent my posting  to  net.micro.amiga rather than nj.general
because I don't believe I'd reach  enough  New  Jersey, Pennsylvania,
and New Yorkers that way.

I sent my note to net.micro.atari because, as I mentioned, the INTER-
ESTED PUBLIC is welcome. I thought that atari fans would appreciate a
chance to gain more information about other computers.

Now, Timmy lad,  what really  do you a have problem with? Are you mad
because by saying ``interested  public''  you,  being  a proto-simian
blob, were left out?

I'd like to hear your explanation - but do it in private. Sending any
thing else to the net would certainly  mean you;d only embarras your-
self further.

lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey) (12/09/85)

In article <121@ISM780C.UUCP>, tim@ISM780C.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
> need to be re-organized:
>
> 	net.micro.atari                 8 bit atari stuff
> 	net.micro.amiga_and_st          Amiga and 520ST stuff
>
> This would come closer to recognizing reality.

For god's sakes, don't make me wade through a bunch of atari stuff
hunting for the amiga news I'm interested in.  The stupid debate is
finally settling down, and we're getting some actual information
across on net.micro.amiga.  The Amiga and 520ST are two different
machines.  Why try to talk about them both at the same time?  It
just makes actual quality programming that much more difficult.

Atari owners: read/post to net.micro.atari
Amiga owners: read/post to net.micro.amiga

Isn't that nice and tidy?  And efficient?  I LOVE efficiency. :-)

Lee

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor) (12/09/85)

>	I sent my posting  to  net.micro.amiga rather than nj.general
>because I don't believe I'd reach  enough  New  Jersey, Pennsylvania,
>and New Yorkers that way.

 that seems reasonable...

>I sent my note to net.micro.atari because, as I mentioned, the INTER-
>ESTED PUBLIC is welcome. I thought that atari fans would appreciate a
>chance to gain more information about other computers.

 but this doesn't.  The INTERESTED PUBLIC on the net who are interested in
 the Amiga are free to subscribe to net.micro.amiga.  Those of us who don't
 AREN'T INTERESTED.

Illigitamati non carborundum.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor

tim@ISM780C.UUCP (Tim Smith) (12/10/85)

In article <329@well.UUCP> perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) writes:
>In article <121@ISM780C.UUCP>, tim@ISM780C.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
>> [Line where I use a naughty word]
>>
>> Why is most of net.micro.amiga cross posted to net.micro.atari?  And why is
>> most of the ST stuff cross posted to net.micro.amiga?  Maybe the groups
>> need to be re-organized:
>>
>	Usually when one has a  beef with a particular article posted
>to the net, one sends a meesage  to the author and not to the net  as
>a whole. Since you have sent  your  message  to  the  net, this reply
>should also be as public.

You are correct.  A beef with a particular article should be handled
by mail.  What I should have done was mail your a short complaint about
your article, and posted an article under a new title about the cross
postings.  Sorry about directing a general flame at a particular article.

>	Do you  have  a  problem  expressing yourself with the aid of
>profanity? Or perhaps your command of the language is so limited that

I express myself with profanity quite well :-)

>	I sent my posting  to  net.micro.amiga rather than nj.general
>because I don't believe I'd reach  enough  New  Jersey, Pennsylvania,
>and New Yorkers that way.

It sounds like it istime for someone to make a 'ne' distribution
for New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, etc.  Could someone over
in that area create such a distribution?  Or merge all those
little states into one proper state :-)

>I sent my note to net.micro.atari because, as I mentioned, the INTER-
>ESTED PUBLIC is welcome. I thought that atari fans would appreciate a
>chance to gain more information about other computers.

Can Mac owners come too?  Why not post to net.micro.mac then?  How about
IBM PC owners?  Why not cross post to net.micro.pc?  Most users groups I
have heard of allow anyone to come.  Is the NJAUG different?  What would
happen to the net if everyone with a users group posted announcements of
meetings to every other net.micro.* group?

>Now, Timmy lad,  what really  do you a have problem with? Are you mad
>because by saying ``interested  public''  you,  being  a proto-simian
>blob, were left out?

Are you saying that proto-simian blobs are not part of the general public?
I am going to have to call the ACLU or the ALF to deal with you! :-)

ps: ignore the mail I just sent you about this.  I have been having
mailer problems, so it probably won't get to you.  Even if it does,
it really doesn't say anything not said in this article.