[net.micro.amiga] New EA Titles

gardner@sri-spam (12/10/85)

From: gardner@sri-spam

Now that there is a final Kickstart v. 1.1 Electronic Arts is shipping
software this week.  The first available titles are:

	DeluxePaint (A sophisticated painting program that also
supports IFF [Interchange File Format] for sharing data between other
applications software.

	Dr. J & Larry Bird Go One-on-One (Basketball program with some
amazing stereo sound.  Listen to the crowd calling for beer and hot
dogs!)

	Archon (A strategy game that is played on a chess board.  This
is NOT chess however!  Digitized sound effects for each of the
players, in stereo)

	7 Cities of Gold (You're a Spanish explorer in 1492.  There
are 11 million square miles on 2,800 screens to discover the Americas.
Trade with natives and establish forts so you don't starve.)

	Financial Cookbook (Sortof like Visicalc for the home, except
the formulas are already defined for 32 questions you might have about
money.  Helps with questions on IRAs, mortgages, buying vs leasing,
etc.

David Gardner
Arpa:  gardner@sri-spam.arpa

kim@mips.UUCP (Kim DeVaughn) (12/11/85)

> Now that there is a final Kickstart v. 1.1 Electronic Arts is shipping
> software this week.  The first available titles are:
>
> 	DeluxePaint
> 	Dr. J & Larry Bird Go One-on-One
> 	Archon
> 	7 Cities of Gold
> 	Financial Cookbook

Warning:  All of the above are copy-protected.  Deluxe Paint is CP'd with
	  the "key-disk" variety.

Aegis (who just bought all the stuff Island Graphics was doing for the
Amiga will have several titles available early in '86 (Aegis Animator
in 1/86;  Aegis Images in 1/86;  Aegis Draw in 1/86;  Aegis Impact in 2/86;
and Aegis Pro Draw in 4/86  ...  more said to be on the way).  Source for
this info is Bill Volk (Aegis Pres.) on Compuserve.  BTW, the Animator and
Draw programs are supposed to come together in a package for ~$140.

None on the Aegis stuff will be copy-protected.

/kim

I have no connection with Electronic Arts or Aegis.
--

UUCP:  {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!mips!kim
DDD:   415-960-1200