[net.micro.amiga] Attn developers

LAVITSKY@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (12/12/85)

From: Eric <LAVITSKY@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>

Since Mr. Wirch chose to make this announcement in public, I am
replying to the general public as well.

I appreciate the fact that Mr. Wirch gave my name to the publisher
of Amazing Computing, though I could have done it myself. I strongly
resent the slanderous remarks Mr. Wirch made at the end of his
letter - there was no call for such behaviour:

>Please note that Eric Lavitsky has been using other people's disks to develop
>his software.  Former netlandian, John Foust, a co-worker of mine, sent
>Eric some disks over two months ago, and he hasn't seen them since, even
>though John called him three times, long distance.

No, I am not using someone else's disks for my software development.
Mr. Foust sent me those disks on his own without ever asking me if I
wanted them. He wanted me to copy software onto them for him (yes,
they were, and are blank). My friends can attest to the fact that I
am an extremely busy person (it's a wonder I have time to reply to
this message). I had every intention of copying software and
returning Mr. Foust's disks when I had the time. But school, two
jobs, maintaining C64 Kermit, maintaining INFO-AMIGA and doing
independent software development on the Amiga, let alone trying to
lead a personal life just didn't seem to permit me the time to copy
six or seven disks of software for Mr. Foust. Of course, this whole
discussion should be held privately between me and Mr. Foust or Mr.
Wirch, but they have brought it into the public forum. Next time you
guys choose to use the net for public slander, please make sure you
have a good lawyer. I am sending your disks out tommorrow - the C64
Kermit disk will have C64 Kermit V1.7 on it, the Amiga disks will be
blank.

 I wish you all succes with AMICUS, I guess I just won't be part of
it.

Eric
-------