[net.micro.amiga] MicroEmacs Sources

george@osu-eddie.UUCP (George Jones) (12/15/85)

I have posted the sources to MicroEmacs to net.sources.  The following is
the message that prefaces the source.
This is the source to MicroEmacs for the Amiga.  It is a fairly small Public
Domain Emacs that it beats ED hands down.  It supports multiple windows and
one keyboard macro.  It is ifdefed to work on lots of different machines.
It is a straight port from IBMland.  I have someone working on using the
blitter to increase the speed of the display, and I have lots of ideas for
things that could be done to ehnance this emacs.  I am willing to play
"keeper-of-the-source" and co-ordinate efforts to enhance it.

So here it is, use it and enjoy.  Contact me if you want to help out
on improving it.

Cheers,
George M. Jones

cbosgd!osu-eddie!george (uucpnet)
george@ohio-state.csnet (csnet)
70003,2443 (CompuServe)
+1 (614) 457-8600 (work)
+1 (614) 885-5102 (home)

--
-----------
George M. Jones		{cbosgd,ihnp4}!osu-eddie!george

jef@lbl-rtsg.arpa (12/16/85)

From: jef@lbl-rtsg.arpa

As I've already pointed out THREE TIMES, if you post things to net.sources,
then people on the Arpanet will not be able to get them.  Please either repost
your MicroEmacs here, or mail me a private copy.  And mail private copies to
every other Arpa person who requests them.  Ok?
---
Jef

mark@umcp-cs.UUCP (Mark Weiser) (12/16/85)

In article <740@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> jef@lbl-rtsg.arpa writes:
>From: jef@lbl-rtsg.arpa
>
>As I've already pointed out THREE TIMES, if you post things to net.sources,
>then people on the Arpanet will not be able to get them.  Please either repost
>your MicroEmacs here, or mail me a private copy.  And mail private copies to
>every other Arpa person who requests them.  Ok?
>---
>Jef

It isn't reasonable that just because this person is being a good usenet
citizen and posting to net.sources that you berate him and order him to
mail private copies to all requesters.  How about getting your arpa site
on the usenet (it isn't that hard) so you can be a good netter too?

By the way, net.sources is archived and available to arpa folks at site brl.
Mail to muus@brl for more information about ftping.

	-mark
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark@maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
CSNet:	mark@umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark

louie@trantor.UMD.EDU (12/17/85)

From: Louis A. Mamakos <louie@trantor.UMD.EDU>

I will try to archive the sources from most of the info-amiga and
net.micro.amiga lists.  Another machine at our site does receive
net.sources, and I will try to make the source to MicroEMACS available
via anonymous FTP from host TRANTOR.UMD.EDU.

Currently, I have the messages from the info-amiga mailing list (cross posted
to and from net.micro.amiga) organized by month. There is usually
a month or two lag getting the latest set of messages up.

I would appreciate FTP traffic taking place during non-prime time hours to
relieve the load on our gateway during the busy times.  I will announce the
availability of the EMACS sources when they are available.  The Amiga stuff
is in the info-amiga directory, avilable via anonymous ftp.  Note that there
are not any plans to make the contents of this directory available other than
via the ARPA Internet.

Louis A. Mamakos  WA3YMH    Internet: louie@TRANTOR.UMD.EDU
  University of Maryland, Computer Science Center - Systems Programming

crum@utah-cs.UUCP (Gary L. Crum) (12/18/85)

The MicroEmacs source posting included one incorrect character which caused
a syntax error during phase one of compilation.  Line 126 of "basic.c"
arrived here as:
        curwp->w_doto  = getgoal(elp);
and should be changed to:
        curwp->w_doto  = getgoal(dlp);

The executable file size is 40240 bytes on my system.

[Gary C]