[net.micro.amiga] I stand corrected

crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) (12/20/85)

   Re:  My posting of GAD.C,  a program showing how gadgets are rendered.
It was brought to my attention by Dale Luck that my progam was naughty
and wasn't fair.   Sorry about that!!  It won't happen again.   Actually
I saw a lot of code that looked like that, and thought that it was the
proper thing to do,  I stand corrected and thank you for pointing it out.
We all live and learn!!

   I am running a bit late in getting my Menu and Requestor tutorial up
on the nets.   This is due to a rather confusing problem I have yet to
solve.   It involves the use of the AutoRequest function.  Pariseau,
and Jim Mackraz have allowed me to send them a copy of the problem area.
It might be a bug in the compiler.   As soon as that problem is solved,
and I can knock off the final "chapter",  it might make it to the nets
sometime next week,  pending my problem getting solved.

FLAME ON (Whooooosh!!!!)

C'm on you guys,  lets keep those lines shorter than 79 characters.   My
stupid terminal program truncates lines longer than 79 characters,  and
some of the postings have had very long lines.   Robert French's program
has long lines in it,  and would appreciate it if he would "mail" me another
copy.   Georgr Jones' terminal program looks very good,  but alas I can
never know what those characters are.

FLAME OFF (Pffffttt!!!)

Now,  I wonder if any of those nice Amiga Folks plan on posting source to
any of the music demos,  or would release the data format to the Instruments
file,  or have any plans on standardization of Instrument files.   I can
hardly expect commercial software houses to release such information,
and Hats off to Electronic Arts for providing a standard for storing
bitmap information,  and talked to Steve Shaw today and he will be making
available some source code for handling the IFF files,  now  **THAT**
is something to look forward to.

In passing,  I hope that my tutorials are helpful to those planning on
development of Amiga software for both Educational and Commercial
purposes.    Now I better get back and finish the Menu/Requestor tutorial.

John Draper

WELL:     crunch
UUCP:     ihnp4!ptsfa!well!crunch
BIX:      crunch
DELPHI:   crunch
MCI Mail: crunch

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (12/21/85)

In article <373@well.UUCP> crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) writes:
>FLAME ON (Whooooosh!!!!)
>
>C'm on you guys,  lets keep those lines shorter than 79 characters.   My
>stupid terminal program truncates lines longer than 79 characters...

Sounds like you already know where the problem is John :-) :-)

John is doing a great job at disseminating amiga information and
cross-posting from various BBS's.  Perhaps someone can arrange to
set him up with a less brain-damaged terminal program for his Mac.

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,dual}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145