[net.micro.amiga] Availability of Amiga in Europe ...

omond%dhdembl5.bitnet@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (12/26/85)

From: omond%dhdembl5.bitnet@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

> (Has Commodore even released the Amiga to Germany? ....Maybe they
> don't have anything else to buy but ST's.)

The assumption was right ... the Amiga has not yet been released in Europe;
when we contacted CBM in Germany, it appears they have 2 machines (for the
whole of Germany !!!) for "demonstration purposes" only ... it will be
released some time in the first quarter of 1986 but then watch the sales
go ...

Roy Omond (European Molecular Biology Lab., Heidelberg)