[net.micro.amiga] Another Lattice C Problem

ken@ukma.UUCP (Ken Kubota) (01/04/86)

The Lattice C compiler (version 1.0) for the Amiga seems to have
trouble handling pointer register variables.  The following example
causes the internal compiler error CXERR25 in the second pass of the
compiler.  Does anyone have a list of these errors and what they
mean?

char text[10];
main(){
	register char *p1, *p2, *p3, *p4;
	{
		register char *p5;
		p5 = text;
	}
}

As far as I know, the same phenomenon does not occur with data
register variables.

cbosgd!ukma!ken
ken@ukma.bitnet

bruceb@amiga.UUCP (Bruce Barrett) (01/07/86)

In article <2448@ukma.UUCP> ken@ukma.UUCP (Ken Kubota) writes:
>The following example causes the internal compiler error CXERR25...
>in the second pass of the compiler.
>
>char text[10];
>main(){
>	register char *p1, *p2, *p3, *p4;
>	{
>		register char *p5;
>		p5 = text;
>	}
>}

This was fixed for Version 1.1 (Lattice 3.02)  (I just tried it.)
The CXERR.. errors are internal (The compiler is giving up.)
No external documentation of these is available.

:: Call for bugs ::   :: Call for bugs ::   :: Call for bugs ::

Any one else who has notices bugs in C, ASSEM, or ALINK is more than
welcome to (read I love if you would) send me mail.  Sample programs
are especially useful.

	--Bruce Barrett