[net.music] Page really can still play guitar, and Palena still sucks

nessus@mit-eddie.ARPA (11/02/85)

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
I really hate to agree with anything my pal Larry Palena says.  I
dislike Def Zepelin and The Soggy rots, and I don't think Jimmy Page
has shown much talent in his guitar playing in anything that most people
would have heard in recent years.

But I do have proof that Jimmy Page can still play excellent guitar if
he really wants to.  Jimmy Page plays guitar on Roy Harper's most recent
album "Whatever Happened To Jugula?" (1985) It's a great album
(definitely in my top 20) and the guitar playing by both Roy and by Page
is quite excellent.  Page knew had to try for Roy, rather than just
being lazy as usual, because if Page wasn't up to it, Roy would have
given him the boot, just as he gave David Gilmour the boot once, when
Gilmour was temporarily not up to it.  Unless you've listened to this
wonderful album, you just can't say Page has lost all his talent.

> From: lp102911@sjuvax.UUCP (palena)

> ...You know I'm sick of this dude's "Men,net.music is serious
> business" attitude!! Anybody concur on this point?Jesus,I try to
> inject some humor on this beat net and it just flies over the head of
> every "guru".

Humor?  Maybe I thought antics like yours were funny when I was in
second grade.  Now they just seem to be indicative of emotional
retardation.  But two can play these puerile games.  Inject humor?  Why
don't you inject yourself with arsenic instead?  Hah, hah!  Wasn't that
funny?

> Face it,you take yourself too seriously,and the tone that you and that
> character at MIT have imposed on this net is revolting....

But not as revolting as your face!  (Hah, hah!)

> ...what I don't like is the guru-dominated tone and attitude of this
> net.And yes,I will tar that until I die... (applause,applause)

Yes, please die!  Hah, hah!  (Applause, applause)

>     ...if everyone would stop dumping on them for no reason I would stop
>     posting about them.

They dump on them for good reason.  Because they suck!  They suck moldy
dead goat fetuses!  (Hah, hah!)

			Just another timely contribution
			to net.palenas-diarrhea,

			Doug Alan
			 nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

davida@umd5.UUCP (11/04/85)

> Humor?  Maybe I thought antics like yours were funny when I was in
> second grade.  Now they just seem to be indicative of emotional
> retardation.  But two can play these puerile games.  Inject humor?  Why
> don't you inject yourself with arsenic instead?  Hah, hah!  Wasn't that
> funny?
>
> But not as revolting as your face!  (Hah, hah!)
>
> Yes, please die!  Hah, hah!  (Applause, applause)
>
> They dump on them for good reason.  Because they suck!  They suck moldy
> dead goat fetuses!  (Hah, hah!)
>
> 			Doug Alan

    Well, I'm glad that Doug cleared that matter (between funny and
childish humor) up - I wouldn't have realized the difference.  I
guess this is what listening to KB will do for you ...  :-)

    Yes, Doug, I know I'm dirt, and you'll be glad to tell me so.

--
David Arnold
University of Maryland

c20@nmtvax.UUCP (11/06/85)

> They dump on them for good reason.  Because they suck!  They suck moldy
> dead goat fetuses!  (Hah, hah!)
>
> 			Just another timely contribution
> 			to net.palenas-diarrhea,
>
> 			Doug Alan
> 			 nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

Oh, God!  Gross me out the door with a shovel.

greg
--

Greg Titus                  ..!ucbvax!unmvax!nmtvax!c20     (uucp)
NM Tech Computer Center     ..!cmcl2!lanl!nmtvax!c20        (uucp)