[net.sf-lovers] Hitchock Presents

KFL@MIT-MC.ARPA (10/16/85)

From: Keith F. Lynch <KFL@MIT-MC.ARPA>

    Date: Fri 11 Oct 85 12:12:08-PDT
    From: SHELEG@SRI-AI.ARPA

    ...  Once she got him out of the hospital, why did she keep
    carrying on with the charade?? (I'm talking about to the point of
    having him in her house siting on her bed and STILL saying
    "Everything's fine, you'll be safe here.")

  The impression I had is that she was not convinced that he was really
guilty until he started acting really rude near the end.
  After all, he would have been punished far more had she left him in
the hospital. He probably would have gotten the death penalty, and the
really nasty thing about the death penalty is the months of anticipation.
Even life imprisonment would have been crueller than shooting him.

								...Keith