[net.micro.amiga] Question on serial printer flow control

set@abic.UUCP (Scott Townsend) (01/24/86)

     I've been having problems trying to run my TI-820 serial
printer on my Amiga.  At 300 baud everything is fine but at 1200
I eventually get a buffer overflow condition.  I have tried a few
cable arrangements trying to get the TI to toggle CTS, etc but
to no effect.  I also tried to have the TI send XON/XOFF but that
didn't work either.  The TI does work at full speed on my old
CP/M system.  Without knowledge of the serial driver, I'm stuck.
Anyone got some ideas?  My dealer hasn't been any help after
two weeks.

		Scott Townsend @ Allen-Bradley Company
		Industrial Computer Division
		747 Alpha Drive, Highland Heights, OH   44143
		...!{decvax,masscomp,pyramid,cwruecmp}!abic!set

tomp@amiga.UUCP (Tom Pohorsky) (01/28/86)

In article <724@abic.UUCP> set@abic.UUCP (Scott Townsend) writes:
>     I've been having problems trying to run my TI-820 serial
>printer on my Amiga.  At 300 baud everything is fine but at 1200
>I eventually get a buffer overflow condition.
>cable arrangements trying to get the TI to toggle CTS, etc but
>to no effect.  I also tried to have the TI send XON/XOFF but that
>didn't work either.  The TI does work at full speed on my old
>CP/M system.  Without knowledge of the serial driver, I'm stuck.
>Anyone got some ideas?  My dealer hasn't been any help after
>two weeks.

  As suggested to someone last week w/the same problem, getta hold
of the setserial program. It should be on the CLI, or available via
Public Domain. I'll assume your printer handles traditional RS232
RTS/CTS flow control. Enable that on the Amiga side by typing:
  setserial 10 x84
->should be fine. BTW, what's so wrong with 300 baud??? Ya gotta die
sometime... :-(
                tomp.