djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (01/30/86)

From: Daniel.Zigmond@SPICE.CS.CMU.EDU

I will have the IBM PC Emulator in a few days, certainly by the middle
of next week.  I will post the results of trying out all the software I
have as soon as I can.  In addition, if anyone would like a piece of
software tested for compatibility which I do not have (and I don't have
much right now), please send it to me and I will test it and return the
disk and the results back as soon as I can.

Also, True Basic will be in the beta test stage next week and I'll post
a review of it soon.

	Dan

P.S. I had a long talk with Paul Goheen about the emulator.  All I can
say about what he told me is that Commodore is not very pleased with
what Simile has been able to come up with.

Kim_Werner@SFU.Mailnet@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (01/31/86)

From: Kim_Werner%SFU.Mailnet@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA

 I had heard that it was only able to run 80% of IBM software. I had also
 heard that IBM has done sometthing to their existing software productions
 and new ones, that will restrict it to NOT be able to run on the AMIGA.

keithd@cadovax.UUCP (02/04/86)

In article <1136@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> Kim_Werner@SFU.Mailnet@caip.RUTGERS.EDU writes:
> I had heard that it was only able to run 80% of IBM software. I had also
> heard that IBM has done sometthing to their existing software productions
> and new ones, that will restrict it to NOT be able to run on the AMIGA.

That dosen't bother me too much so far, not as long as there's Lotus,
MicroPro, Ashton-Tate, Microsoft, etc. who would just as soon their software
runs on both PC's and Amigas (no reason for them to care as long as your
buying their software.).

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd
#  cadovax!keithd@ucla-locus.arpa