[net.micro.amiga] Q: graphics.library??

cjp@vax135.UUCP (Charles Poirier) (02/10/86)

On my AmigaBasic V1.1 disk, there is a "library" program in basicdemos.
I wanted to try to invoke the commented-out "DosLibDemo", which is
claimed to work only under CLI not Workbench.  Does this mean, run
AmigaBasic as a command from CLI then open the "library" program
as normal?  If I do this I get an error from the statement
	LIBRARY "graphics.library"
saying "File not found".  I believe it too, because I searched every
directory on workbench: and extras: and couldn't find such a file.
There *is* a graphics.bmap in extras:basicdemos; is this it??
According to Appendix F this just provides a map.

So, my questions are
1) what do I do to invoke the DosLibDemo in the Library program?
2) where is graphics.library?
3) what, and why, is the difference between double-clicking an icon vs.
   typing a file-name to CLI, such that the graphics library is misplaced?

bruceb@amiga.UUCP (Bruce Barrett) (02/10/86)

In article <1295@vax135.UUCP> cjp@vax135.UUCP (Charles Poirier) writes:
>There *is* a graphics.bmap in extras:basicdemos; is this it??
	yes.
>According to Appendix F this just provides a map.
	this map allows access to the ROM library routines.
>So, my questions are
>1) what do I do to invoke the DosLibDemo in the Library program?
	cd basicdemos
	amigabasic
	load "Doslibdemo"
>2) where is graphics.library?
	in ROM.
>3) what, and why, is the difference between double-clicking an icon vs.
>   typing a file-name to CLI, such that the graphics library is misplaced?
	Among otherthings if you run from CLI you have access to stdin and
stdout (the CLI window is open) that you do not have under workbench.

Hope this helps.
--Bruce Barrett