[net.micro.amiga] Bernoulli Boxes for the Amiga

mwm%ucbopal@BERKELEY.EDU@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (02/11/86)

From: Mike (I'll be mellow when I'm dead) Meyer <mwm%ucbopal@BERKELEY.EDU>

Does anybody know if IOmega is working on a Bernoulli box for the
Amiga? I hope so - I'd much rather have one of those than a hard
disk...

	Thanx,
	<mike

daemon@caip.UUCP (02/11/86)

From: S7YLF4%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

     Hear, hear!  How much do they typically cost?  I've heard of
the idea but no specifics.

nj <s7ylf4%irishmvs.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.EDU>

rb@ccivax.UUCP (rex ballard) (02/15/86)

In article <1251@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> mwm%ucbopal@BERKELEY.EDU@caip.RUTGERS.EDU writes:
>Does anybody know if IOmega is working on a Bernoulli box for the
>Amiga? I hope so - I'd much rather have one of those than a hard
>disk...

If Amiga or Techmar come out with thier SCSI interface as announced
(by Techmar), they won't have to.  IOmega already has an SCSI
version available! (Compatibility for a change!) :-)
Assuming Amiga put (or will put) an SCSI driver into the Boot Rom, you can
boot right off of the Bernoulli box (And use your floppy for transferring
from 'standard format'.

Worth noting, both Mac and Atari plan to use SCSI as a standard "expansion
interface".  You can even hang laser printers, CD-Roms, and even other
computers (If supported) off of the SCSI bus as well.

It's getting so that peripherals are like componant stereo, you should
be able to plug anything into anything by the end of this year.

Any comment from Commodore on direct support for SCSI?