[net.sf-lovers] Amazing Stories, reply to Bob Sheleg in sfl

QUINT@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (10/18/85)

From: Anne Marie Quint {/amqueue} <quint@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>

    Date: Fri 11 Oct 85 12:12:08-PDT
    From: SHELEG@SRI-AI.ARPA
    Subject: Re: Amazing Stores/Hitchock Presents

    "ALL RIGHT!! SO I'M MAGNETIC!!  SO WHAT!?!"  Talk about a nice bit
    of dialogue.

    Please, someone help me.  What was the name of the short story where
    everyone must be equal (must conform to the lowest common
    denominator).  Beautiful people must wear ugly masks, smart people
    wear painful sound devices which break their trains of thought,
    etc..  The super-human in that (wearing hundreds of pounds of metal
    and head phones) THAT was Brad Bender.

    Bob Sheleg

The story you are referring to is Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut Jr,
anthologized in _Welcome To The Monkey House_. The title is the name if
the character you are refferring to. The story is told from the point
of view of Harrison's parents watching tv. Further Deponent Sayeth Not.

Mesozoically
/amqueue
-------