[net.micro.amiga] Crash-Disk

ffishman@watnot.UUCP (Flynn Fishman) (02/17/86)

This is my very first Posting to the Network so please bear with me but

I have a problem, and was wondering if anybody else has had this problem
or knows how to correct it.

On occasion (which is happening to frequently) after I copy a file
from one disk to another disk, the disk that was my source is destroyed
when I try to load a file (Or just insert the disk) I get the "error window"
saying:

Disk Such and Such is Unreadable
or
Can't Find disk such and suchs Validator
or
Can't Validate disk such and such

Another factor that might be considered is that this happens when the disk I am
coping to is full or close to full
I think that this factor is a major one
So if Anybody out there knows why this happens I would like to know

Thanx from the bottom of my heart
FFISHMAN (Flynn D. Fishman) Flynn D. Fishman
(I do not know where I am and I hope You read this)
(U of Waterloo-Watnot)

jkb@ukma.UUCP (JkbKeith Burton) (02/25/86)

In article <11486@watnot.UUCP>, ffishman@watnot.UUCP (Flynn Fishman) writes:

> after I copy a file
> from one disk to another disk, the disk that was my source is destroyed
> when I try to load a file (Or just insert the disk) I get the "error window"
> saying:
>
> Disk Such and Such is Unreadable
> or
> Can't Find disk such and suchs Validator
> or
> Can't Validate disk such and such
>
> Another factor that might be considered is that this happens when the disk I am
> coping to is full or close to full
> I think that this factor is a major one
> So if Anybody out there knows why this happens I would like to know
>
> Thanx from the bottom of my heart
> FFISHMAN (Flynn D. Fishman) Flynn D. Fishman
> (I do not know where I am and I hope You read this)
> (U of Waterloo-Watnot)

I've had the same problem when copying a file to a disk approx. 90% full.
	Keith Burton.
	jkb@ukma