[net.micro.amiga] Commodore updates...

haddock%ti-csl.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (02/28/86)

From: Rusty Haddock <haddock%ti-csl.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>

I finally received my developer's kit and promptly sent in
my registration cards.  I'd now like to know when the updates
stop coming???   I mean, I got the V1.1 update to the Kickstart,
Workbench, and [ugh!] Basic but since my developer's kit contained
the v3.03 Lattice C as well as the two-volume ROM Kernal manuals
I'm currently "upto date" (well, reasonably so, I don't have v3.03B).

Commodore, hopefully you can answer this.   If there's no answer,
or at least not one yet, please let me/us know.   Thanks!!!

			-Rusty-

*hardcopy*		*electr{onic, ic}*
Rusty Haddock		ARPA:  Haddock%TI-CSL@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
POB 226015 M/S 238	CSNET: Haddock@TI-CSL
Texas Instruments Inc.	USENET: {ut-sally,convex!smu,texsun}!ti-csl!haddock
Dallas, Texas  75266	VOICE: (214) 995-0330

robp@amiga.UUCP (Robert A. Peck) (03/03/86)

Rusty Haddcock writes:

>I finally received my developer's kit and promptly sent in
>my registration cards.  I'd now like to know when the updates
>stop coming???

The support folks are continuing to put together things that would help
our developers to use the Amiga effectively.  Mass-quantity updates
such as you recently received cannot, of course, happen very often.

As errata is reported, primarily for the new ROM KERNEL manual, we'll
be making it available to the support crew and when a batch of it is
ready, the developers will no doubt get another mailing.

As long as an update continues to provide useful information, and not
undo lots of work one has already done, one would hope that the updates
would "never" stop coming, yes?