[net.micro.amiga] amiga termcap help

ray@unlv.UUCP (Ray Tripamer) (03/09/86)

Hello,
	I've just gotten the PDterm program running, and while trying
	to construct a termcap, I've run into a problem with moving
	the cursor down.  It seems that sometimes, the cursor goes
	to the beginning of the next line (col 1) when in vi.  Vi, of
	course, thinks its in the same column as before, and when I
	move the cursor to the right, it prints the characters it thinks
	it should print.  Also, when vi starts, any display lines in
	the window not occupied by a line in the file is filled with
	the "~".  Fine.  But when I start vi with mine, I get one tilde
	below the last line, as expected, but then the rest of the tildes
	are printed at the last column of the line.  The same thing happens
	to some lines in the text as well - the first character of the
	line appears on the last column of the previous line!  If anyone
	has solutions to these problems, I would appreciate any help
	anyone can give.  Maybe someone has a working termcap?  mine
	almost works, it has inverse, underscore, etc., but the blasted
	down cursor is driving me nuts!

	Thanks in advance.
					--Ray Tripamer
					University of Nevada, Las Vegas
					!seismo!unrvax!unlv!ray

bruceb@amiga.UUCP (Bruce Barrett) (03/12/86)

In article <182@csee-vax.unlv.UUCP> ray@unlv.UUCP (Ray Tripamer) writes:
>Hello,
>	[...] a problem with moving
>	the cursor down.  It seems that sometimes, the cursor goes
>	to the beginning of the next line (col 1) when in vi.  [...]
>					--Ray Tripamer

Ray,
	Try using the sequence: "<ESC>D"
Using "<LF>" would have worked onder kickstart V1.0, but will not work under
V1.1 unless you send the sequence "<ESC>[20l" to the console first.
(omit quotes ("), of course.)

--Hope that helps
--Bruce Barrett