[net.micro.amiga] Mandelbrot questions.

cjhoward@watnot.UUCP (Caleb J. Howard) (03/10/86)

Can anyone out there in the ether tell me what the 'Analizlise' command
on the Mandelbrot program does.  When I generate a graph, and type 'A'
the program seems to draw random graphics and crash.  Also, when I try
to invoke 640 X 400 graphics, the machine says that I can't.  In fact
I can't seem to invoke non-interlaced mode at all.  Any information on
these topics, or any information at all about the use of this wonderful
program would be greatly appreciated.
                        Thank you in advance.
                        Caleb J. Howard
                        watmath!watnot!cjhoward (I think)

french@well.UUCP (Robert Scott French) (03/17/86)

In article <11591@watnot.UUCP> cjhoward@watnot.UUCP (Caleb J. Howard) writes:
>Can anyone out there in the ether tell me what the 'Analizlise' command
>on the Mandelbrot program does.  When I generate a graph, and type 'A'
>the program seems to draw random graphics and crash.  Also, when I try
>to invoke 640 X 400 graphics, the machine says that I can't.  In fact
>I can't seem to invoke non-interlaced mode at all.  Any information on
>these topics, or any information at all about the use of this wonderful
>program would be greatly appreciated.
>                        Thank you in advance.
>                        Caleb J. Howard
>                        watmath!watnot!cjhoward (I think)

The <A>nalyze command was meant to allow you to see the iterations a single
point goes through to determine if it's in the set.  It should redisplay the
screen and then open a window in the foreground.  You move the mouse around
and hit the left button on top of each pixel you'd like to analyze.  I don't
know why it isn't working for you...do you have 512K?  I'm not sure how the
program will perform with 256K.  I suggest you get another copy (what version
are you using?).  As for the interlace mode, there is a bug in 2.00 and 2.10
(apparently due to a mailer error - a line is missing) that prevents the
use of INTERLACE mode.

     Hope this was some help...

English: Robert S. French
 USnail: 2740 Frankfort Avenue