[net.micro.amiga] browser posted to mod.sources

mwm%ucbopal@BERKELEY.EDU (03/22/86)

From: Mike (I'll be mellow when I'm dead) Meyer <mwm%ucbopal@BERKELEY.EDU>

Earlier today (late yesterday?) I posted a disk browser to
mod.sources. The program lets you wander around the file tree on a
disk, and shows the insides of files, all driven by the mouse.

The first menu entry has items for df0, df1 and ram. Selecting one of
those adds a new menu with the disk name as the menu name and the
files in the top-level directory as menu items. Selecting a directory
adds another menu level with etc.; selecting a file displays the file,
with up and down "page" gadgets. And yes, selecting things from older
menus does what you want it to. It runs about as fast as anything can
from the Amiga floppies (fixing that is my next project!).

This is also the program that caused the question "Why does my Amiga
crash when I pull down an empty menu?" Solution: an empty directory has
a single disabled entry, "EMPTY".

	<mike

lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey) (03/24/86)

Perhaps it simply has not arrived here yet, but there is no BROWSER
to be found in mod.sources.  Are we waiting for the moderator to
post it, or is there a problem on this end?

Lee

mwm@ucbopal.berkeley.edu (Mike (I'll be mellow when I'm dead) Meyer) (03/26/86)

In article <1585@gitpyr.UUCP> lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey) writes:
>Perhaps it simply has not arrived here yet, but there is no BROWSER
>to be found in mod.sources.  Are we waiting for the moderator to
>post it, or is there a problem on this end?

Hasn't gotten back to here yet, either. If I don't see anything by next
Monday, I'll mail it to info-amiga (where it should eventually appear on
net.micro.amiga).

	<mike