[net.micro.amiga] Double buffering and Windows

XBR2D995%DDATHD21.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (03/25/86)

From: <XBR2D995%DDATHD21.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>

Hello,

has anybody out there experience with double buffering IN windows?

We have done double buffering without screens and windows, but we
want to incorporate it into the window system.

Regards  mwt

My address: Michael Waldherr-Teschner
            Technische Hochschule Darmstadt
            Dept. for Physical Chemistry (PC 1)
            Petersenstrasse 20
            D-6100 Darmstadt (West Germany)
BITNET:     <XBR2D995@DDATHD21.BITNET>
Interests
on Amiga:   3D-Graphics (representation and manipulation of chemical
            structures).
            Communication (VT100 Emu, Kermit).
            Computation (Fast Floating Point applications).

dale@amiga.UUCP (Dale Luck) (03/27/86)

In article <1620@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> XBR2D995%DDATHD21.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU writes:
>has anybody out there experience with double buffering IN windows?
>We have done double buffering without screens and windows, but we
>want to incorporate it into the window system.
Double buffering in Screens is quite doable and intuitionable. However
dblbfrng windows is not quite so easy. It can be done though by
setting up your own RastPort where you do the rendering and then
blitting the result into the window, hopefully there will not be much
video tear. The problem with double buffering windows is that you
have to convince all the other applications with windows to cooperate
with your 2bfering antics.
Dale