[net.micro.amiga] MULTIDIM.C

lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey) (03/24/86)

Sorry to post, but mail was returned.

Attention Robert French:

Hi.  I downloaded this bugger, anticipating something rather
interesting.  However, there is some sort of bug or typo or
transmission error in it, near line 325 (including the news
header).  It is obvious that there is a } which does not belong
in the middle of an if expression.  The question is, what DOES
belong where?

Perhaps the source needs to be reposted.  Please take a quick look
and let me know what is going on.  Thanks!

Lee
--
Lee B. Grey
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 30332

french@well.UUCP (Robert Scott French) (03/27/86)

In article <1583@gitpyr.UUCP> lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey) writes:
>header).  It is obvious that there is a } which does not belong
>in the middle of an if expression.  The question is, what DOES
>belong where?

Lee (and everyone else)...sorry for the inconvenience!  I had hoped that the
"i}" buried somewhere between lines 300 and 350 was merely a reception
error when I downloaded the program to check it.  Please simply delete
the "i}" (or was it "}i"?), as this is simply added line noise.  If anyone
still has problems with the program, please drop me a line or give me a call.

English: Robert S. French
 USnail: 2740 Frankfort Avenue
         Louisville, KY  40206
  Phone: (502) 897-5096
   ARPA: French#Robert%d@LLL-MFE
   UUCP: ihnp4!ptsfa!well!french

lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey) (03/29/86)

In article <844@well.UUCP> french@well.UUCP (Robert Scott French) writes:

>Lee (and everyone else)...sorry for the inconvenience!  I had hoped that the
>"i}" buried somewhere between lines 300 and 350 was merely a reception
>error when I downloaded the program to check it.  Please simply delete
>the "i}" (or was it "}i"?), as this is simply added line noise.  If anyone
>still has problems with the program, please drop me a line or give me a call.

Sorry to have to post this.  Gees, I wish we could send mail to ARPA!

I am enclosing a copy of the draw routine that came with MULTIDIM.C.
As you can see, deleting the }h will not do it.  It looks to me like
a line or two (including a carriage-return) was lost.  How do you see
it, Robert?

draw()
{
   int i,dim;
   union kludge z;

   for (i=0;i<num_points;i++) {
      z.i = SPFlt(1);

      if (num_dim >})h2)           <--- This is the bum line.
         if (alldim)
            for (dim=num_dim-1;dim>=2;--dim)
               z.i = SPMul(SPAdd(SPMul(points[i][dim].i,recip2sqrt2.i),
                     const15.i),z.i);
         else
            z.i = SPAdd(SPMul(points[i][num_dim-1].i,recip2sqrt2.i),
                  const15.i);

      xpoints[i] = SPFix(SPMul(SPDiv(z.i,points[i][0].i),xscale.i))+XCENTER;
      ypoints[i] = SPFix(SPMul(SPDiv(z.i,points[i][1].i),yscale.i))+YCENTER;
   }

   SetAPen(rp,0);
   RectFill(rp,0,10,639,199);

   SetAPen(rp,1);
   SetDrMd(rp,JAM1);

   for (i=0;i<num_edges;i++) {
      Move(rp,xpoints[st_edge[i]],ypoints[st_edge[i]]);
      Draw(rp,xpoints[end_edge[i]],ypoints[end_edge[i]]);
   }
}