[net.micro.amiga] TERMCAP listing

Thomson@huey.udel.EDU (03/23/86)

From: Thomson@huey.udel.EDU

Could someone repost the TERMCAP listing for the Amiga?  I purchased mine
after the posting to the net, and I have just acquired a modem to allow
me connection to our host.  I'm currently using the ansi type in unix, but
the Amigaterm program doesn't seem to handle the sequences (does this happen
automatically if con: is used as the ouput device?).  Thanks in advance.
							Rich Thomson

acs@amdahl.UUCP (Tony Sumrall) (03/31/86)

In article <1600@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> Thomson@huey.udel.EDU writes:

> From: Thomson@huey.udel.EDU
>
> Could someone repost the TERMCAP listing for the Amiga?  I purchased mine
> after the posting to the net, and I have just acquired a modem to allow
> me connection to our host.  I'm currently using the ansi type in unix, but
> the Amigaterm program doesn't seem to handle the sequences (does this happen
> automatically if con: is used as the ouput device?).  Thanks in advance.
> 							Rich Thomson

Just a general note to the newcomers...the majority of the communication
programs that I've seen posted to the net (and I've not seen all *that*
many) do *not* avail themselves of the terminal emulation capabilities that
the Amiga provides.  I understand that some of the *newer* versions of
AmigaTerm (aka ATerm) *do* but I cannot vouch for this.  The versions of
StarTerm, PDTerm, AmigaTerm and ArgoTerm that I have *do not*.  At the
moment I use MyCLI in terminal mode and it seems to work well enough.
The Amiga will do the majority of the standard
ansi terminal including inverse video, bold, italic and invisible.  I
posted a usable SYSV terminfo recently and, if there is sufficient
interest, I will be happy to repost it.

--
Tony Sumrall                    ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,seismo,sun}!amdahl!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]