[net.micro.amiga] Amiga Expansion?

dcall@dadla.UUCP (Dale Call) (04/04/86)

I finally bit the bullet and bought an Amiga.  Now I am looking for
expansion boxes to provide more memory, a hard disk, battery backed up
clock, etc.  I have seen ads from Microforge and Tecmar for products
which will provide these capabilities.  The question:  Is there someone
who has purchased something from these companies who is willing to
share their experiences?  I am particularly interested in the Tecmar
T-card and T-disk, and the Microforge 7 slot expansion mainframe.

Please email replies to me and 	I will post a summary to the net.

Dale Call
tektronix!dadla!dcall

page@ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) (04/08/86)

In article <655@dadla.UUCP> dcall@dadla.UUCP (Dale Call) writes:
> ... I am looking for expansion boxes ...
> ... I am particularly interested in the Tecmar
>T-card and T-disk, and the Microforge 7 slot expansion mainframe.

I haven't seen any of these, but I know that they are 'islands';
they don't conform to the Amiga expansion spec.  On the other
hand, if you need it *now*, they're the only answer.

..Bob
--
UUCP: wanginst!ulowell!page	Bob Page
ARPA: page@ulowell.CSNET 	U of Lowell CS Dept

cem@intelca.UUCP (Chuck McManis) (04/11/86)

> In article <655@dadla.UUCP> dcall@dadla.UUCP (Dale Call) writes:
> > ... I am looking for expansion boxes ...
> > ... I am particularly interested in the Tecmar
> >T-card and T-disk, and the Microforge 7 slot expansion mainframe.
>
> I haven't seen any of these, but I know that they are 'islands';
> they don't conform to the Amiga expansion spec.  On the other
> hand, if you need it *now*, they're the only answer.
>
> ..Bob

Actually, the micro Forge is available now and working, the only
problem stems from the fact that the expansion box is *huge*
As in about the same width of the Amiga (if not wider) and *must*
sit on the right plugged Directly into the exp port. They do have
a smaller unit (one for just a hard drive, no exp chassis). As for
Techmar, I have yet to see one available for sale yet.

--Chuck
--
                                            - - - D I S C L A I M E R - - -
{ihnp4,fortune}!dual\                     All opinions expressed herein are my