mkidwel@nswc-wo.ARPA (04/02/86)

From: mkidwel@nswc-wo.ARPA

About two months ago I purchased a complete set of hardware manuals from my
local Amiga dealer and dutifully filled out the card to receive my ROM
Kermel Manual.  Now, after weeks of waiting i have received nothing.  Question:
Do I assume my card was somehow lost in the mail and call Commodore (anyone
have the number?) or do I assume that this problem is universal and that I
should wait longer?  I would welcome testimony regarding experiences of
others.
                                Michael Kidwell

rick@anasazi.UUCP (Rick Coupland) (04/08/86)

I have had the same experience as reported by several others in not receiving
my ROM Kernel Manual after almost 3 months of waiting.  Last week I did get a
phone number for Commodore from the dealer from whom I purchased the manual
set.  After calling this number I was given a second number.  I called this
number and talked to someone who said they had no record of my order.  However,
he did take my name and address and said he would put a "tracer" on it.
I have no idea what this means or when I will be receiving my manual but at
least I got someone at Commodore to acknowledge that I should have received
it by now.

For anyone else having a problem getting their ROM Kernel Manual, the number
to call is 215-436-4200.
--
Rick Coupland
{decvax|ihnp4|hao}!noao!terak!anasazi!rick

randy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Randy Weiner) (04/11/86)

In article <734@anasazi.UUCP> rick@anasazi.UUCP (Rick Coupland) writes:

>I have had the same experience as reported by several others in not
>receiving my ROM Kernel Manual after almost 3 months of waiting.

Well, wait no longer. Your manual order is in the works and should be
shipping from West Chester Pa about two-weeks after April 9th.

The RKM cards are just now reaching us from the Fullfillment house
and we are mailing manuals until our stock is gone.

>For anyone else having a problem getting their ROM Kernel Manual, the number
>to call is 215-436-4200.

The above number is for Customer Support and I am told they don't support
Amiga customers very well. I will try to answer questions, but would prefer
email to replying in news. I would have repied to Rick individually,
but I can't figure out how to mail to his (your) site.

Randy Weiner -- CBM, Amiga Tech. Support

I am too busy figuring out what I am doing to worry about disclaimers