[net.micro.amiga] amiga advertising

tom@LOGICON.ARPA (12/12/85)

From: tom@LOGICON.ARPA

Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I
read.

Tom Perrine

vishniac@wanginst.UUCP (Ephraim Vishniac) (12/13/85)

> From: tom@LOGICON.ARPA
> Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
> advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I
> read.
> Tom Perrine

MacWorld, for one.  Nothing like bearding the lion in his den.

--
Ephraim Vishniac
  [apollo, bbncca, cadmus, decvax, harvard, linus, masscomp]!wanginst!vishniac

pehaxell@watnot.UUCP (pehaxell) (12/15/85)

In article <1454@wanginst.UUCP> vishniac@wanginst.UUCP (Ephraim Vishniac) writes:
>> From: tom@LOGICON.ARPA
>> Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
>> advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I
>> read.
>> Tom Perrine
>
>MacWorld, for one.  Nothing like bearding the lion in his den.

I'd like to know where.  I couldn't find any advertising for Commodore Amiga
in either the October, November or December issues of Macworld, although
the Atari 520ST is advertised.

-------
Penny Haxell.

In article <1454@wanginst.UUCP> vishniac@wanginst.UUCP (Ephraim Vishniac) writes:
>> From: tom@LOGICON.ARPA
>> Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
>> advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I
>> read.
>> Tom Perrine

I believe I remember seeing the Amiga ad in National Geographic (the one
with the recent hologram cover) and perhaps Scientific American.

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd
#  cadovax!keithd@ucla-locus.arpa

danny@sftig.UUCP (L.Rosler) (12/19/85)

> In article <1454@wanginst.UUCP> vishniac@wanginst.UUCP (Ephraim Vishniac) writes:
> >> From: tom@LOGICON.ARPA
> >> Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
> >> advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I
> >> read.
> >> Tom Perrine
>
> I believe I remember seeing the Amiga ad in National Geographic (the one
> with the recent hologram cover) and perhaps Scientific American.
>
> Keith Doyle
> #  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd
> #  cadovax!keithd@ucla-locus.arpa

  Their also starting advertising in Psychology Today.

   Dan
ihnp4!attunix!danny

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (12/23/85)

> Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
> advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I

Life.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

rj@amiga.UUCP (Robert J. Mical) (12/31/85)

> Just curious.  Does anyone know anyplace that Commodore Amiga
> advertises besides AmigaWorld.  Not BYTE or several other magazines I

Scientific American, Time, Life, National Geographic, and - yes - Byte.
To name the ones I've seen, anyway ...

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (12/31/85)

::
I hate to be the one to report: Amiga ad has appeared in Playboy.  Amazing.

mende@aim.rutgers.edu (04/13/86)

From: "Bob Mende [NB]" <mende@aim.rutgers.edu>

Hello,
  Just saw somthing about the Amiga's advertising ... Here are a few
goodies that you would like to know.  Last night I heard a radio advertisment
for the amiga.  The thing that surpised me was that the commercal was well
done, it had background music that was trying to get you inrested and showed
off many of the features of the amiga.  The biggest supprise about the it
was that it was on a top 40 radio station at 8pm.
  Way to to CA.  You will never sell Amigas to the masses until they know about
it.  Hope to see more advertisments like this....

                                      Bob Mende

     Snail:   BPO 20187             ARPA : MENDE@AIM.RUTGERS.EDU
              Piscataway NJ         UUCP : topaz!aim!mende
              08854                 Phone: (201) 878-0602
                                    CMS  : rutgers!mende

[ I hereby disclaim that I exist and therefore proclam by default that the  ]
[      proceding drivel is no more than a figment of your imagination       ]
------