[net.micro.amiga] atari monitor on amiga?

dwd@ttrda.UUCP (Dave Dykstra ) (04/07/86)

[---]

I have measured a monitor for the Atari 520ST and it looks like it will
fit in my limited space on top of an Amiga.  Has anyone tried hooking up
the Atari monitor to an Amiga?  Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks!

	Dave Dykstra
	ihnp4!ttrdc!ttrda!dwd

In article <149@ttrda.UUCP> dwd@ttrda.UUCP (Dave Dykstra ) writes:

>I have measured a monitor for the Atari 520ST and it looks like it will
>fit in my limited space on top of an Amiga.  Has anyone tried hooking up
>the Atari monitor to an Amiga?  Does anyone know where I can get one?
>
>	Dave Dykstra ihnp4!ttrdc!ttrda!dwd

In theory yes, but the Atari Monitor uses seperate horizontal and vertical
sync input, while the Amiga outputs a combined sync signal.  There are
seperate sync outputs on the RGB connector, but they are for the Genlock
peripheral and are not designed to drive a monitor directly.

If you do not make an adapter with circuitry to buffer the signals, you may
find that your Amiga will not boot...

--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr

ditzel@ssc-bee.UUCP (04/13/86)

> [---]
>
> I have measured a monitor for the Atari 520ST and it looks like it will
> fit in my limited space on top of an Amiga.  Has anyone tried hooking up
> the Atari monitor to an Amiga?  Does anyone know where I can get one?

Yes..Yes..in fact at a local computer shop (in Seattle) there is an
Amiga hooked up to an Atari Color monitor...the Atari monitor according
to the merchant is much better than the Amiga monitor...i do not know
the details of how or if anything special is needed.