[net.micro.amiga] Amiga World Subscriptions

mcrae@ssc-vax.UUCP (Brian Mcrae) (04/10/86)

*** replace your brain ***

When I bought my amiga back in Oct or November (yea that long ago) I filed
out the warrenty (sp?) card which proclaimed that I would get a free 1-year
sub. to AmigaWorld.  Or at least one of the many cards I filled out said
that.  I have waited and *no* amigaworld except for the 5 or 6 that I personally
bought at the store one by one *waiting* for my *free* subscription.

Has anybody out there had the same problem?  Did I read something wrong and
there is no such thing a free sub. to AmigaWorld?  If Com-Amiga is giving
them out what century will this take place in?  I think I just going to
lay my money down for a sub. anyway.... IT CHEAPER THAN WAITING

		Brian McRae
		...!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!mcrae
		Boeing Aerospace

		don't kiss screen doors in the winter-time
		(my views are mine not yours,theirs,or anybody elses)

james@uw-june (James Synge) (04/10/86)

In article <698@ssc-vax.UUCP>, mcrae@ssc-vax.UUCP (Brian Mcrae) writes:
> When I bought my amiga back in Oct or November (yea that long ago) I filed
> out the warrenty (sp?) card which proclaimed that I would get a free 1-year
> sub. to AmigaWorld.  Or at least one of the many cards I filled out said
> that.  I have waited and *no* amigaworld except for the 5 or 6 that I personally
> bought at the store one by one *waiting* for my *free* subscription.

My AmigaWorlds just started arriving, but along with them appeared a bill for
a one year subscription.  Since AmigaWorld is virtually content free, I'm
just going to cancel the order.

James Synge, 		  uw-beaver!uw-june!james
University of Washington,
Seattle

hull@hao.UUCP (Howard Hull) (04/13/86)

James Synge said:
> My AmigaWorlds just started arriving, but along with them appeared a bill for
> a one year subscription.  Since AmigaWorld is virtually content free, I'm
> just going to cancel the order.
I agree.
	         WILL THE REAL AMIGA MAGAZINE PLEASE STAND UP?

								    Howard Hull
[If yet unproven concepts are outlawed in the range of discussion...
                   ...Then only the deranged will discuss yet unproven concepts]
        {ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | harpo!seismo } !hao!hull

drew@orsvax1.UUCP (Drew Lucy) (04/15/86)

I must admit that I was not amused, when I receive notice that I was about to
receive my two free issues of Amiga World, 5 months after I bought the machine
and sent in the reply card. I was even less amused, when the first free issue
arrived and it turned out to be the Premier issue, which I had bought in
November of 1985! Call me a sucker but, I sent in my subscription anyway. Amiga
World does run some interesting ads. Also the letters to the editor, in the
most recent issue where very negative. Maybe the magazine will take these
criticisms to heart and improve.

						Drew