[net.micro.amiga] Amiga fans

peter@gumby.UUCP (Peter Wu) (04/29/86)

Does anybody have a noisy fan in your amiga? The first Amiga
I bought generated a loud noice after I turned it on for two
minutes. It was unbearable. So I took it back and got a new
one. This one is better, but after I turned this one on for about
half an hour the fan starts to make the same noise, though
not as loud. Sometimes it'll die down for a long time and then
become noisy again.

Does anyone have any solution? I once tried tilting the computer
so the fan faces the sky and the disk drives at the floor, that
stopped the noise, but I can't use it that way.

When my warranty expires, I'm going to operate on the fan.

peter

randy@cbmvax.UUCP (04/30/86)

In article <291@gumby.UUCP> peter@gumby.UUCP (Peter Wu) writes:
>Does anybody have a noisy fan in your amiga? ...
>...Does anyone have any solution? ...

	I have used, or been very close to (no comments please)
a number of Amigas (Amigi), none of which made a loud noise
(except for the disk drive thump, but thats another issue). In
my office, I can't even tell that the Amiga fan is running.
At home, the fan is noticable but probably because my Amiga is set
up in a big empty room (without carpets). In either case, the Amiga
fan is ORDERS of magnitude quieter than the fan found in some
Big blue machines (or clones).

--
Randy Weiner -- Commodore Business Machines <<Amiga Technical Support>>
		uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!randy

wagner@utcs.uucp (Michael Wagner) (05/03/86)

I hate noisy fans.  Mine is quiet.  I haven't met a loud one yet.

Michael