[net.micro.amiga] Mod.amiga.sources, mod.amiga: request for votes

aic@pucc-i (Craig Norborg aka Doc Pierce) (03/31/86)

   I would like to propose the creation of a two new moderated newsgroups,
mod.sources.amiga, and mod.amiga.  The sources group would be moderated
by me and the general amiga group would be moderated by Bob Page of the
University of Lowell CS Dept.

    I would like for all votes concerning these newsgroups to be sent to
me via MAIL ONLY!  Also, I would very much like two types of votes, both
from individuals, and from sites.  To aid in counting the votes, please
indicate on your subject line that:
    1)  This is a vote.
    2)  Whether it is a vote from an individual or a site.  If from a site,
	please send how you represent the site.

    In the votes, I would like to know several things.
    1)  If you consider your vote to be a "Yes" or "No" vote (for each
	newsgroup!)
    2)  If a "yes" vote, whether you will
	a) Read the group.
	b) Post to the group.
	c) Both of the above.

    PLEASE!!  Send all votes in mail, or if you must post a follow up article,
post it only to net.news.group!  The most direct mail path to me is through
ihnp4:
		ihnp4!pur-ee!pucc-i!aic

    I will stop taking notes either the first or second week in April,
depending on how many votes are still coming in.  A projected final vote
day would have to be set at April 5th.  If you wish, you may send any
comments on whatever you like including the possible creation of a
mod.binaries.amiga group.  There will also be an anonymous FTP archive
being kept on one of the local machines if this group is created.

    Thank you very much for your time and votes!

--
					Craig Norborg (aka Doc Pierce)
Uucp: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc,   sequent, uiucdcs}!pur-ee!pucc-i!aic

USnail: 910 N. 9th street
	Lafayette IN 47904

CC.KASSEBAUM@R20.UTEXAS.EDU (04/11/86)

From: CC.KASSEBAUM@R20.UTEXAS.EDU

	This message was only received yesterday.  One consideration
	is the UseNet to ARPAnet gateway.  Info-Amiga@Rutgers.ARPA
	should be gatewayed both ways no matter which way the vote
	comes out.  I personally am against the moderated group idea
	and only will post to Info-Amiga.  It was the FIRST.
	Remember that there are many sites that are not UseNet sites
	and want to keep things as simple as possible.  No UUENCODE
	or UUDECODE etc.

	Regards,	Don K
-------

Chris_Thierman@UQV-MTS (04/18/86)

From: Chris_Thierman%UQV-MTS%UMich-MTS.Mailnet@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA

I'm  all  for  the  moderated amiga sources news group. This way it makes it
easier for those people who only want to receive sources, and vice versa.
Therefore, I cast my vote for a new moderated news group.

     -Chris Thierman
UUCP:    ihnp4!alberta!uqv-mts!Chris_Thierman
              or
UUCP:    ihnp4!alberta!uqv-mts!conm
BITNET:  CTHIERMA@UALTAVM.BITNET

baron@runx.OZ (Jason Haines) (04/27/86)

I support the introduction of a moderated amiga sources news group, and so I
cast my vote for a new moderated news group.

	Jason Haines

/* Jason Haines            STD:  (02) 73-4444
 * ElecEng Undergraduate   ISD: +61 2 73-4444
 * 73 Davidson Avenue      ACSnet: baron@runx
 * Concord NSW 2137        CSNET:  baron@runx.oz
 * AUSTRALIA               ARPA:   baron%runx.oz@seismo.css.gov
 *
 * UUCP:
 *   {enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.oz!baron
 */

alco@mit-vax.UUCP (Dave Alcocer) (04/30/86)

In article <1077@runx.OZ> baron@runx.OZ (Jason Haines) writes:
>I support the introduction of a moderated amiga sources news group, and so I
>cast my vote for a new moderated news group.

Great idea.  Chalk up another vote.

					- Dave Alcocer
					  alco@mit-vax

dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (05/01/86)

	I don't think this newsgroup is ready for a mod.sources....

			-Matt

Say, did my updated shell source reach everyone?

dmiruke@isis.UUCP (05/04/86)

> I support the introduction of a moderated amiga sources news group, and so I
> cast my vote for a new moderated news group.
>
> 	Jason Haines
>
> /* Jason Haines            STD:  (02) 73-4444
>  * ElecEng Undergraduate   ISD: +61 2 73-4444
>  * 73 Davidson Avenue      ACSnet: baron@runx
>  * Concord NSW 2137        CSNET:  baron@runx.oz
>  * AUSTRALIA               ARPA:   baron%runx.oz@seismo.css.gov
>  *
>  * UUCP:
>  *   {enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.oz!baron
>  */
And here is one more vote for mod.sources.amiga. Seems like amiga is on its way
up!

							- Datta Miruke
							 CSNET : dmiruke@isis
							 CSNET : dmiruke@udenva