[net.sf-lovers] Insectoids...

pugh@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (10/22/85)

From: "pugh jon%e.mfenet"@LLL-MFE.ARPA

John Brunner wrote a novel about a race of creatures that were vaguely
crablike, but different.  Perhaps they will do?

The book was called Total Eclipse and concerns the Earthmen
trying to determine what caused these creatures to die out.
It may not be what you are looking for since there are no
living specimens, but it's the only one I can recall, unless...

The story Sandkings was really weird, and the creatures were
insectoid. I recommend this story highly.  It is by George R.R.
Martin and appeared in Omni and a book by the same name.  Check
this one out twice!

Jon Bob

ramsay@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC440) (10/23/85)

>The story Sandkings was really weird, and the creatures were
>insectoid. I recommend this story highly.  It is by George R.R.
>Martin and appeared in Omni and a book by the same name.  Check
>this one out twice!
>
>Jon Bob

It won a Nebula, and thus is in Nebula winners 15, too.

			R.Ramsay
<Here I go!>