[net.micro.amiga] Aztec make, cc, fexec, problems, etc

page@ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) (05/12/86)

In article <1138@amiga.amiga.UUCP> jimm@homer.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) writes:
>I have been recently using Aztec C environment on a standalone amiga
>running 1.2beta1.  I haven't had the opportunity to trace this back
>to 1.1 and so on, since my environment set-up depends on the PATH command.
>
>What is the most likely problem with the Aztec tools failing their
>exec (fexec)?
>make can't spawn off commands, and cc can't spawn off 'as.'  The error,
>gotten via 'make,' is "FATAL error: EXEC failure."

The problem IS the path.  f/exec looks in the current directory;
if not found, it looks in C:, and if not found, gives that message.
To fix this, either:
	Put your f/exec'ed commands in c: or the current directory,
	Hack f/exec to know about 'paths', or
	Hack it to know about YOUR path (hard code it in).

I'm SURE this will be fixed in the next release of Aztec C.  Jim G.
spoke at the BCS Amiga Tech group meeting last week and said the new
release should be out by the end of June.

..Bob

--
UUCP: wanginst!ulowell!page	Bob Page
ARPA: page@ulowell.CSNET 	U of Lowell CS Dept