[net.micro.amiga] MicroEMACS 3.6 for the Amiga

kim@mips.UUCP (Kim DeVaughn) (05/12/86)

[ ... go ahead, eat my bits ... ]

I just finished getting MicroEMACS 3.6 (the one just posted to mod.sources
from Daniel Lawrence) up on Amy ... works great ... thanks, Daniel!

To get this version, as posted, to compile and link with Lattice 3.03,
the following changes must be made in the file "estruct.h":

under Machine/OS definitions:

add 	#undef  AMIGA		/* to prevent complaints about re-def's */
	#define AMIGA	1
	.
	.
	#define	V7	0

under Compiler definitions:

	#define	LATTICE	1	/* pick up the "realloc" function in line.c */

under Terminal Output definitions:

	#define	ANSI	1
	.
	.
	#define	TERMCAP	0

That's all it takes, though you may want to change some of the entries
under "Configuration options".

The object file ends up being 71K+ (Whew!) ... anyone have the size that
the Manx compiler produces?

I am still trying to get the v30 version of MicroEMACS (posted a few weeks
ago to mod.sources) with Mic Kaczmarczik's Amiga code to work.  I've
installed all the diffs that Fred Fish posted, and I get clean compiles,
but when I try executing it, the MicroEMACS window opens for a split-
second, then closes, and the program terminates ... no error messages or
guru med's ... just a (seemingly) normal exit.  Anyone in net.land have
any ideas?  (Fred ... are you using Manx or Lattice?)

/kim
--

UUCP:  {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!mips!kim
DDD:   408-720-1700 x231

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (Fred Fish) (05/13/86)

In article <475@mips.UUCP> kim@mips.UUCP (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>The object file ends up being 71K+ (Whew!) ... anyone have the size that
>the Manx compiler produces?

Was about 45K if I remember right.

>I am still trying to get the v30 version of MicroEMACS (posted a few weeks
>ago to mod.sources) with Mic Kaczmarczik's Amiga code to work.  I've
>installed all the diffs that Fred Fish posted, and I get clean compiles,
>but when I try executing it, the MicroEMACS window opens for a split-
>second, then closes, and the program terminates ... no error messages or
>guru med's ... just a (seemingly) normal exit.  Anyone in net.land have
>any ideas?  (Fred ... are you using Manx or Lattice?)

As I recall (don't have the code in front of me at the moment) this was
due to the system specific modules attempting to bind a function that
the generic modules didn't know about.  Look for places in the generic
modules where exit() is called and print what is wrong before exiting.
Took me a day with Metascope to figure this out, but I wanted to find
out how Metascope worked anyway (the answer is *great*).

The executables distributed on my latest disks were done with both
Manx and Lattice (I try to use both whenever possible so subtle bugs
found later can be isolated more easily).

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,lll-lcc}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145