[net.micro.amiga] Getting updates

wutka@gitpyr.UUCP (Mark Wutka) (05/18/86)

  I am anticipating a great problem in getting my 1.2 updates.
I am not a developer and I have to go to my Amiga dealer to
get my update. However, my dealer has discontinued selling the
Amiga and I can no longer get updates from him. The other stores
I know of that sell Amigas say they won't honor updates for anyone
but their own customers. What can I do ??

--
Mark Wutka
Office of Computing Services

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!wutka
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!wutka

Official member of NERDS (NERDS Existing in a Recursively Defined System)

randy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Randy Weiner) (05/20/86)

In article <1794@gitpyr.UUCP> wutka@gitpyr.UUCP (Mark Wutka) writes:

>  I am anticipating a great problem in getting my 1.2 updates.
>I am not a developer and I have to go to my Amiga dealer to
>get my update. However, my dealer has discontinued selling the
>Amiga and I can no longer get updates from him. The other stores
>I know of that sell Amigas say they won't honor updates for anyone
>but their own customers. What can I do ??
>
>--

        First,  MAKE SURE YOU MAIL IN YOUR AMIGA REGISTRATION
CARDS!!!!

        When a product update is available, owners will be
notified by mail. Included in this letter will be information
those tiny post-cards that came with your Amiga hardware, software,
and manuals, that everyone has returned (right???).

        Updates will be distributed through two channels -- 1) you
return to your Amiga dealer or 2) directly from Commodore. Method 1)
is the preferred (and the quickest route), but unfortunately, for
those people who have no dealer to go to, method 2) is the only way
to receive your update.

        More information on specific updates will be posted when
available.

--
Randy Weiner -- Commodore Business Machines <<Amiga Technical Support>>