[net.micro.amiga] One Less Amiga QA person

bruceb@amiga.UUCP (Bruce Barrett) (05/21/86)

Dear net.micro.amiga,

	Well it's been a real blast.  A little more than a year ago
Bob Parisau demo'ed the Amiga to me.  I came home and told my girlfriend
"I'm in love!"  What a beautiful machine!  In the last year I've seen it
mature from the *very* buggy V24 release, through the slightly(?) buggy
V1.0 and into the "getting better every day" V1.2 releases.  And the
applications!  That first demo I was so impressed by the "sunny" portrait,
then came the EA dpaint King Tut, then the Digaview(sp?) HAM portraits!
Just unbelievable progress.  All on the same hardware that has not even
begun to be exploited.

	The discussions here have gotten pretty lively over the months.
I very glad we had the opportunity for the network feedback.  It has
made the Amiga a better product. I hope that I have also been able
to return some small amount of help and encouragment.  Sorry that not
all of your "cards and letters" have been answered.

	I still think the Amiga is the best machine in the (PC) market,
and look forward to it continuing to do well.

	I hope to get a few more informational messages out onto the net
but basicly this is "Good-by", I've been caught in the Commodore "reduction
in force".

	If you need to contact me I can be reached at:
		1700 Halford Ave. #112
		Santa Clara, CA 95051
		(408) 985-6725

--Bruce Barrett

stan@amiga.UUCP (Stanley Shepard) (05/21/86)

In article <1195@amiga.amiga.UUCP> bruceb@hunter.UUCP (Bruce Barrett) writes:

> ... "Good-by", ...
>--Bruce Barrett

	I know we're all sorry to see a fine professional like Bruce go.
	I have nothing but the greatest of respect for Bruce and have enjoyed
	working with him.  I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors.

						Stan Shepard
						Director (for a few more days)
						Amiga Software QA