[net.micro.amiga] Updates for Lattice C and 6800 Macro Assembler

randy@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Randy Weiner) (05/21/86)

In article <3120@decwrl.DEC.COM> shives@glory.DEC (Mark Shives) writes:
>To those who have responded to the console device question:
>
>	The correct answer is .....
>		The version of the C compiler I was using is 3.02. This version
>	requires that strings are LONG word aligned as opposed to BYTE aligned.
>	The examples in the RKM were compatible with the v3.03. This update has
>	fixed the problem, and now strings are only required to be BYTE
>	aligned.
>
>	I am NOT blushing. The program was typed correctly. I simply was not
>	aware of this bug in Version 3.02. Please take care when using V3.02
>	Lattice compiler. The answer is to upgrade your compiler.

	People who own version 3.02 (V1.0) of the Lattice Compiler
and 68000 macro assembler will be soon receive information on how
to upgrade to v1.1, (Lattice V3.03).

=========================PRELIMINARY=========================
PLEASE, DO NOT GO TO YOUR DEALER UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED
NOTIFICATION BY MAIL THAT THE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE.

Updates will be distributed by the dealer, or through Commodore.
The letter will contain specific information regarding how
you can receive your upgrade.

NOTE -- THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL INTERNAL MAIL-CODE FOR HANDLING
THESE REQUESTS. DO NOT MAIL ANYTHING TO COMMODORE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE
WRITTEN NOTIFICATION.

Please, if you have not already done so, fill-out and return these
cards for each product you own.

ps. Has anyone who mailed the post-cards for the Rom Kernal Manual
    received their copy?? We have an up-to-date list of all
    cards and approximate ship dates. If you have any questions,
    feel free to post them here, or reply via email.

     + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Randy Weiner -- Commodore Business Machines <<Amiga Technical Support>>
		uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!randy
		arpa: cbmvax!randy@seismo
		(or)  randy@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo | harvard}
		TEL:  215-431-9180

cem@intelca.UUCP (05/22/86)

> ps. Has anyone who mailed the post-cards for the Rom Kernal Manual
>     received their copy?? We have an up-to-date list of all
>     cards and approximate ship dates. If you have any questions,
>     feel free to post them here, or reply via email.
>
> Randy Weiner -- Commodore Business Machines <<Amiga Technical Support>>

I did! Got here on April 29th, two days before it was "supposed" to. (I had
received a computer generated letter indicating it would arrive before the
first of May). You can't believe how much ones productivity increases when
they have the documentation. :-)

--Chuck
--
                                            - - - D I S C L A I M E R - - -
{ihnp4,fortune}!dual\                     All opinions expressed herein are my