[net.micro.amiga] Are "DPAINT" and "IMAGES" files Compatible???

star@fluke.UUCP (David Whitlock) (05/20/86)

I know their not, but I assume there is a utility our there that will convert
one format to another...

Could someone point me in the right direction.

--
Dave Whitlock

        {decvax!microsof,uw-beaver,ssc-vax,allegra,lbl-csam}!fluke!star

--John Fluke Mfg. Co., 33031 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150

cem@intelca.UUCP (05/22/86)

The answer is yes. Both use the IFF format and both can read and write
lo-res pictures that the other can read (some redunancy there). I haven't
tried to read/write medium and High res images since IMAGES doesn't
support them. Note that the backgrounds used in Animator scripts are also
lo-res IFF images, but masks and scripts aren't. The truly nice thing
about this is that it is entirely possible to transfer files all over
the place and be compatible. (I don't know if GraphicCraft is IFF format
or not).

--Chuck McManis