[net.micro.amiga] mod.amiga.*

spencer@usc-oberon.UUCP (05/21/86)

How do we post news to the 3 new amiga newsgroups?  It tells me that I should
send the message to the moderator but it doesn't seem to know who that is.
The groups have been around for ~2 weeks and I haven't seen anything on them
yet.  I begin to fear that it is just my site that isn't getting stuff.  So
since I don't know, and there probably are many who don't know, who is the
moderator for the new groups and is the .binaries going to be uuencoded and
if so has someone already posted the sources? (I love run on sentances!)
  Thanks gang
Randal Spencer  - Student DEC Consulting -   University of Southern California
....I disclaim everything, I had nothing to do with it, it's not my fault!....
(213) 743-5363 UUCP...!{decvax,ucbvax}!sdcrdcf,scgvaxd,smeagol}!oberon!spencer
Arpa: Spencer@USC-ECL  or  Spencer@USC-Oberon          Bitnet: Spencer@USCVAXQ
Home: 937 N. Beverly Glen Bl. Bel Air California 90077          (213) 470-0428

aic@pucc-j (Craig Norborg aka Doc Pierce) (05/23/86)

In article <342@usc-oberon.UUCP> spencer@usc-oberon.UUCP (Randy Spencer) writes:
>How do we post news to the 3 new amiga newsgroups?  It tells me that I should
>send the message to the moderator but it doesn't seem to know who that is.
>The groups have been around for ~2 weeks and I haven't seen anything on them
>yet.  I begin to fear that it is just my site that isn't getting stuff.  So
>since I don't know, and there probably are many who don't know, who is the
>moderator for the new groups and is the .binaries going to be uuencoded and
>if so has someone already posted the sources? (I love run on sentances!)
>  Thanks gang
>--
>Randal Spencer  - Student DEC Consulting -   University of Southern California

    Once again, I am the moderator for mod.amiga.{source|binaries}... You
can mail your postings to me, pucc-i!aic.  We are right off of ihnp4..
    The moderator of mod.amiga is Bob Page at the University of Lowell,
his address is ulowell!page and is also off of ihnp4..
    Tell me if my intro message doesn't reach your site, and I will repost
them...  I don't think that Bob has posted an intro message, but he should
be soon, right Bob!?

page@ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) (05/27/86)

Recently aic@pucc-j.UUCP (Craig Norborg aka Doc Pierce) wrote:
>I don't think that Bob has posted an intro message, but he should
>be soon, right Bob!?

As a matter of fact, by now you should have seen it.

mod.amiga is alive, and yours for the contribution.

For those without mod.amiga reception, I have set up a mail feed for
the newsgroup.  I'd urge you not to use direct mail unless you aren't
on Usenet and CAN'T get mod.amiga any other way.  If your only choice
is between mail and no mod.amiga, get your address to me somehow and
I'll add you to the list.

As a last note, mod.amiga IS not and WILL not be in digest form.

..Bob

PS You can reach me at page%ulowell.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa if you
   can't figure out how to get to me via UUCP.
--
UUCP: wanginst!ulowell!page	Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept
VOX:  +1 617 452 5000 x2233	Lowell MA 01854 USA