[net.micro.amiga] C-A announcements etc...

jdg@elmgate.uucp (Jeff Gortatowsky) (05/27/86)

From: Randy Weiner -- Commodore Business Machines <<Amiga Technical Support>>

>  As Jay said, management and support services. The engineering support
>services are being picked up by employees at the West Chester facility.
>These services had been provided by people at both sites, an unnecessary
>duplication. Our hope is that this consolidation will allow us
>to provide a better, more uniform service to our devlopers and the
>public.

  I believe most of us realize that with the financing that CBM recieved
this spring, certain business realities came to light (and hence to pass).

  I'm sure all of us regret having to see fine people like Bruce Barrett
and Bob Peck leave C-A.  I and others have come to know them as a helping
hand when I'm at wits end.  It is however, sad to see CBM cut ANY people
involved in the Amiga project.  If CBM has a future it lies with the Amiga
egg in the CBM basket.  Further (I'm only GUESSING now) there may be the
slightest hint of regret as to ever being brought into the CBM fold.

  Still, the Amiga is a fine machine with (In MY experiance) MUCH better
than average support.  Whether the recent departures will change that
situation remains to be seen.  I've seen the effects of 'consolidation'
before.  I hope C-A has better luck!

Randy,  perhaps you could post a short bio of the people now on the net as
CBM's Amiga Tech. Support. You know the usual... how you got involved with
the Amiga.. your Amiga programming background, background in general, etc.
This could go a long ways towards eliminating the fear that the people who
knew the Amiga have now or will, be no longer around.  No reflection on
you! Just a reassuring gesture.

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company

<Kodak won't be responsible for the above comments, only those below>