[net.micro.amiga] kicking people off cbmvax

dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (06/02/86)

>> 	Regards, Paul Higginbottom
>>
>> FLAME
>> Also, I won't be on here for much longer (sniff), because Commodore views
>> "outsiders" using their vax to post to read news as a security threat!
>> I guess they don't need help on here either.
>
>Last I heard, it also had something to do with wasting tons of CPU time
>playing "trek" and "rogue"
>	Dave Haynie

	(Not that I was ever anywhere near tha' thing, but..)

	Awww.... maybe commodore should replace their lowely vax with a 68020
BOX!  trek and rogue? tut tut tut...   What kind of vax is it anyway?

	In terms of security... don't worry about it; there's no such thing
as security.

					-Matt

In article <8606021832.AA11111@pavepaws> dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>	Awww.... maybe commodore should replace their lowely vax with a 68020
>BOX!  trek and rogue? tut tut tut...   What kind of vax is it anyway?
>
>	In terms of security... don't worry about it; there's no such thing
>as security.

Well since you asked - cbmvax is a poor little VAX 11/750 that serves as the
mail, news, word processing and whatever system for West Chester engineers.
Not many workstations here, so we have to make do.  The chip designers, of
course, have some heavy metal for simulation and other chip games, but those
machines run VMS and are thus of little interest to civilized persons.

Paul is an ex-Commodore employee, turned Amiga developer, who was allowed to
remain on cbmvax after leaving the company.  Unfortunatly, this has led to one
of those our ball, our rules situations.  Hopefully, Paul can work things out
with managment here, and not on the net...

--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr

rogue@well.UUCP (L. Brett Glass) (06/03/86)

In article <8606021832.AA11111@pavepaws> dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>>> 	Regards, Paul Higginbottom
>>>
>>> FLAME
>>> Also, I won't be on here for much longer (sniff), because Commodore views
>>> "outsiders" using their vax to post to read news as a security threat!
>>> I guess they don't need help on here either.
>>
>>Last I heard, it also had something to do with wasting tons of CPU time
>>playing "trek" and "rogue"
>>	Dave Haynie
>
>	(Not that I was ever anywhere near tha' thing, but..)
>
>	Awww.... maybe commodore should replace their lowely vax with a 68020
>BOX!  trek and rogue? tut tut tut...   What kind of vax is it anyway?
>
>	In terms of security... don't worry about it; there's no such thing
>as security.
>
>					-Matt

Well, now that you can put something on your desk with the power of an Amiga,
all a VAX is GOOD for is netnews, Email and games. Perhaps CBM ought to
devote the VAX just to those functions, and give everyone else an Amiga
or a Sun.... ;-) <rogue>