[net.micro.amiga] Beta 1.2

nick@hp-sdd.UUCP (Nick Flor) (06/03/86)

Developers, don't get too excited over 1.2.  In brief, the changes were
in speed, cosmetics, and consistency.  To a user, this is great (my wife
noticed the speed increase for icons popping up), but hey, developers
spend most of their time in the editor, and with the compiler, so this
version won't appear to be the WOWEE ZOUNDS GEE WHIZ WHAT A GREAT
IMPROVEMENT that those who were alpha test-sites said it would be.
Now, if CAmiger leaned on Lattice to speed up their compiler..

The other disks are grrrrrrreat, those guys at C-Amiger are whizzes
when it comes to designing user interfaces (look at the font-editor).

And for those of you who don't have an HP laser jet hooked up to your
Amiger, I guess you don't get the nice output when you print out the
revised RKM docs (so buy one :-)

Nick
----------
:@o
My Mum's fat
My Dad's fat
Even my dogs fat.
My momma said fat people can't smile,
Well I'll show them..
:@O

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (06/04/86)

In article <258@hp-sdd.UUCP> nick@hp-sdd.UUCP (Nick Flor) writes:
>Developers, don't get too excited over 1.2.  In brief, the changes were
>in speed, cosmetics, and consistency.  To a user, this is great (my wife
>noticed the speed increase for icons popping up), but hey, developers
>spend most of their time in the editor, and with the compiler, so this
>version won't appear to be the WOWEE ZOUNDS GEE WHIZ WHAT A GREAT
>IMPROVEMENT that those who were alpha test-sites said it would be.
>Now, if CAmiger leaned on Lattice to speed up their compiler..
>
>The other disks are grrrrrrreat, those guys at C-Amiger are whizzes
>when it comes to designing user interfaces (look at the font-editor).
>
>And for those of you who don't have an HP laser jet hooked up to your
>Amiger, I guess you don't get the nice output when you print out the
>revised RKM docs (so buy one :-)
>
>Nick

One of the thing 1.2 provides is expansion architecture support, so
you can add megabytes of RAM and hard disk in a sane fashion.  All one
needs now is some third-party hardware ...

I heartily recommend developers getting excited over 1.2.  Perhaps
you should read the release notes more carefully.  And perhaps it is
time for you to buy Aztec C.

			jimm

d@alice.UucP (Daniel Rosenberg) (06/04/86)

In article <258@hp-sdd.UUCP> nick@hp-sdd.UUCP (Nick Flor) writes:
>The other disks are grrrrrrreat, those guys at C-Amiger are whizzes
>when it comes to designing user interfaces (look at the font-editor).
>Nick                                              ////////////

FONT EDITOR?
Where, where, where?!
As a sort of developer, do I and others get this?
Or do we have to buy it?
Is it at the dealers?
Or at C-Amiga proper?

--
# Daniel Rosenberg  (CE)   @   AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill
# disclaimer: These opinions are necessarily mine, not my employer's.

nick@hp-sdd.UUCP (Nick Flor) (06/05/86)

In article <5589@alice.uUCp> d@alice.UUCP (Daniel Rosenberg) writes:
>In article <258@hp-sdd.UUCP> nick@hp-sdd.UUCP (Nick Flor) writes:
>>The other disks are grrrrrrreat, those guys at C-Amiger are whizzes
>>when it comes to designing user interfaces (look at the font-editor).
>>Nick                                              ////////////
>
>FONT EDITOR?
>Where, where, where?!
>As a sort of developer, do I and others get this?
>Or do we have to buy it?
>Is it at the dealers?
>Or at C-Amiga proper?
>
>--
># Daniel Rosenberg  (CE)   @   AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill
># disclaimer: These opinions are necessarily mine, not my employer's.
># UUCP: {ihnp4 || research || allegra}!alice!d  AT&T: 201/582-9428 (work)

Oops, maybe only the elite developers got the font editor.  Pretend
I didn't mention a font editor... :-)

Actually, I recall a rumour going around, that those people that didn't
fill out the developers survey didn't get as many disks on the Better1.2
update than those who did.  (but it's just a rumour)

Movl <-- Bet you don't know what this means

:@O
My mom's fat.
8@D