[net.micro.amiga] Amiga Keyboard Cable

billh@tekig4.UUCP (William Hansen) (06/10/86)

Does anyone know if the amiga keyboard cable is the standard AT&T type
phone cable? They look a lot alike, and I wouldn't mind having a few extra
feet of reach. Thanks.

					William S. Hansen
					tektronix!tekig5!tekig4!billh

doc@pucc-j (Craig Norborg) (06/10/86)

In article <727@tekig4.UUCP> billh@tekig4.UUCP (William Hansen) writes:
>Does anyone know if the amiga keyboard cable is the standard AT&T type
>phone cable? They look a lot alike, and I wouldn't mind having a few extra
>feet of reach. Thanks.

    Well, I went down to the local drug store when I thought I lost my
origional, and a standard ATT worked for me...  Some say that they have
been having problems though...

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (06/11/86)

In article <727@tekig4.UUCP> billh@tekig4.UUCP (William Hansen) writes:
>Does anyone know if the amiga keyboard cable is the standard AT&T type
>phone cable? They look a lot alike, and I wouldn't mind having a few extra
>feet of reach. Thanks.
>
>		William S. Hansen tektronix!tekig5!tekig4!billh

Yeah, it's the same idea.  However if you want to use a truely long cord,
try to find one that is constructed using stranded wire, rather than coiled
tinsel.  Real MaBell cords sometime use the tinsel, which is more durable,
but has a higher resistance.  Also make sure that the cable has all four
wires connected and that when you stick the ends together end-to-end, the
colors match up...
---
Perhaps you sense that this is a 'AT YOUR OWN RISK' proposition?

--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr