[net.micro.amiga] Amiga message passing speed

rico@oscvax.UUCP (06/10/86)

<Purina line eater chow>

Does anybody know the time it takes for an message Send/Receive/Reply?

I would like to see whatever statistics are available (esp. minimum and average
times).

Also, has anyone had any success in adding a device to the AmigaDOS filing
system... i.e. creating foo: or something.  Creating the device so that
it will respond to appropriate DoIO() calls seems easy enough, but how
the @#%?! do I tell AmigaDOS about it?  I would really *love* to see
an example...  Am I missing something maybe?

	Thanks muchly
	  -Rico

Flames/Advice/Content-Free-Mail to

	...{ihnp4|allegra|decvax|watmath|linus}!utzoo!oscvax!rico

cc100jr@gitpyr.UUCP (Joel M. Rives) (06/13/86)

In article <416@oscvax.UUCP> rico@oscvax.UUCP writes:
><Purina line eater chow>
>
>Does anybody know the time it takes for an message Send/Receive/Reply?
>
>I would like to see whatever statistics are available (esp. minimum and average
>times).

Yes. I too would like to see any information about this.

Joel Rives
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!cc100jr

   "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!"
					<< Buckaroo Banzai >>