[net.micro.amiga] BUG REPORTS

dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (06/10/86)

	By the way, if you have found the same bug (very likely), you should
post a bug report too, so C-A can compare similar bug-reports and *really*
get down to the bottom of things.

	Question to C-A:  Is it possible we can send bug reports on 1.2BII
to some net-address rather than send them in via mail?

						-Matt

Disclaimer: And in no way do I work for, or look to, C-A.  My software is
my own, and there's a butterfly sitting on my nose.

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (06/11/86)

In article <8606101842.AA15554@pavepaws> dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>	By the way, if you have found the same bug (very likely), you should
>post a bug report too, so C-A can compare similar bug-reports and *really*
>get down to the bottom of things.
>
>	Question to C-A:  Is it possible we can send bug reports on 1.2BII
>to some net-address rather than send them in via mail?
>						-Matt

I suggest you electronically send them rather than clutter the net, unless you
think one is very interesting.  address is
	{decwrl,hplabs}!pyramid!amiga!nancy

    there are certainly other paths to pyramid.

					jimm

In article <1279@amiga.amiga.UUCP> jimm@homer.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) writes:
>In article <8606101842.AA15554@pavepaws> dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>>
>>	Question to C-A:  Is it possible we can send bug reports on 1.2BII
>>to some net-address rather than send them in via mail?
>>						-Matt
>
>I suggest you electronically send them rather than clutter the net, unless you
>think one is very interesting.  address is
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^
>	{decwrl,hplabs}!pyramid!amiga!nancy
>					jimm

* Where interesting can be defined as either:

    1)	You think other developrs should be be told about the bug before
	they find it themselves.

    2)  You wish someone had told you about it before it bit you...

Note to East Coast sites: the path ...!cbmvax!amiga!... DOES NOT currently work
    for mail/uucp due to the wonders of sendmail.cf and ultrix decnet support.
    However, mail sent to ...!cbmvax!nancy or cbmvax!nancy@seismo.css.GOV will
    be forwarded promptly and automatically.
--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) (06/13/86)

In article <8606101842.AA15554@pavepaws>, dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

> 	Question to C-A:  Is it possible we can send bug reports on 1.2BII
> to some net-address rather than send them in via mail?
>

> 						-Matt
>
> Disclaimer: And in no way do I work for, or look to, C-A.  My software is
> my own, and there's a butterfly sitting on my nose.

I believe this to be an EXCELLENT idea. Remember those bug reports that
were going out on Wednesday?  Yup, still on my desk (it's Friday).

How 'bout C-A?

Further, some people don't care about the bug reports and don't want them
mixed in with the news.

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (06/14/86)

In article <472@elmgate.UUCP> jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) writes:
>In article <8606101842.AA15554@pavepaws>, dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>>
>> 	Question to C-A:  Is it possible we can send bug reports on 1.2BII
>> to some net-address rather than send them in via mail?
>>
>I believe this to be an EXCELLENT idea. Remember those bug reports that
>were going out on Wednesday?  Yup, still on my desk (it's Friday).
>
>How 'bout C-A?
>
>Further, some people don't care about the bug reports and don't want them
>mixed in with the news.
>Jeff Gortatowsky

My thoughts exactly.  My words, almost exactly :-), but really, I have
something to add.  Previous postings have encouraged emailing bugs,
but I have a new improved address:

    {hplabs,decwrl,...}!pyramid!amiga!support

We promise: for the time being, nancy will still be reading them.
(And also, they appear in an internal newsgroup automatically, which
is good.)

By the way, thanks to all those who have sent their bugs in!
				jimm