[net.sf-lovers] Asgardian SF request

moorel@eglin-vax (10/25/85)

From: "LYNNE C MOORE" <moorel@eglin-vax>

	There was a request in SF-Lovers #409 for
>the title/author of a SF-fantasy novel in which a
>modern man encounters the Norse mythical gods (while he's freezing
>to death, I think.)  He's carried across the Bifrost where they're
>getting ready for Ragnarok - the final battle with the Frost Giants.
>He helps them defeat the FG's with an atomic bomb...
	The description seemed familiar to me, too, and I checked through my
books at home for this one. I think the book is _Day_of_the_Giants by Lester
del Rey, particularly after looking at the end of the book this morning. It was
talking about how the dwarves could assist in the defense by throwing bombs and
grenades...
	Lynne C. Moore (Moorel@Eglin-Vax.arpa)

------