[net.micro.amiga] 25 line windows

dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (06/15/86)

	Yah.... Since 1.2 no longer updates gadgets when it doesn't have to,
you can effectively have a window which uses the entire screen (80x25), and
still have the CLOSE, BACK and FORWARD (on the top) gadgets.  Once you
initially clear them, they never appear again, but you can still use them.
I like the idea of invisible gadgets.

						-Matt

rj@amiga.UUCP (Robert J. Mical) (06/18/86)

In article <8606152031.AA16931@pavepaws> dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>I like the idea of invisible gadgets.

Well heck, you can create your own invisible gadgets without fooling
Intuition by overwriting normal gadget imagery.  Just create gadgets
with everything but the imagery, and respond to them with calls to
WindowToFront(), WindowToBack(), and your normal CloseMyWindow() routine.
RJ >:

hull@haouucp.UUCP (Howard Hull) (06/19/86)

In article <8606152031.AA16931@pavepaws>, dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

> 	Yah.... Since 1.2 no longer updates gadgets when it doesn't have to,
> you can effectively have a window which uses the entire screen (80x25), and
> still have the CLOSE, BACK and FORWARD (on the top) gadgets.  Once you
> initially clear them, they never appear again, but you can still use them.
> I like the idea of invisible gadgets.
>
> 						-Matt
Well, I DON'T like the idea of invisible gadgets.  I want to SEE what I am
selecting.  So why not compromise?  First time you hit the mouse, the gadgets
reappear.  Second time you hit it, you get what you're sitting on; face it,
mousing around in the dark can be downright dangerous... You can seriously
muff something.
								!hao!hull
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text
This not included text

>In article <8606152031.AA16931@pavepaws> dillon@PAVEPAWS.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>>
>>I like the idea of invisible gadgets.
>
>Well heck, you can create your own invisible gadgets without fooling
>Intuition by overwriting normal gadget imagery.  Just create gadgets
>with everything but the imagery, and respond to them with calls to
>WindowToFront(), WindowToBack(), and your normal CloseMyWindow() routine.
>RJ >:

	I meant system gadgets.... the ones you simply specify without
having to refer to complex structures.

					-Matt