[net.micro.amiga] Howdy!, Hardware expansion docs

richr@pogo.UUCP (06/13/86)

In article <2339@watdcsu.UUCP> demo@watdcsu.UUCP( Rick Attenborough) writes:

>Welcome back to the fold to to of the lost sheep, namely RJ Mical and
>Bob Pariseau. Hopefully this will again mean more original information
	Second that!!

>Now for the first request do either of you have the specs for the
>hardware expansion and can you post it . if you are for some reason
>not allowed to please tell us this. The posting of this information

The hardware specs are by no means "hush hush" information.  They do, however,
consume MANY pages of text, and are of little use to the home hobbiest.  The
expansion architecture is a complicated, well thought out specification.  It
would be difficult at best to produce a product that meets the spec without the
availability of a PROM programmer.  If all you are after is the spec for the
100 pin connector, that would be easy.  If you want the whole ball of wax, you
should contact C/A directly.

C/A was very helpful to my company, answered all our questions (time and again)
and gave prompt, updated information.  We were unknown to C/A and could have
been just hackers, but they helped us anyway.  If you are serious about getting
the specification I suggest you call up Los Gatos and ask them for it.  You
can, in fact, call West Chester but they will tell you to call Los Gatos
anyway.

	Commodore-Amiga
	Los Gatos, CA
	(408) 395-6616
Good Luck!!!
--
				Rich Rodgers

				tektronix!pogo!richr

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (06/16/86)

SUPPORT SERVICES

Due to finite resources, we are forced to restrict some of our support
services.  However, we are willing to provide a number of materials to
anyone.

Amiga Developer's Kit            $450.00

contents: DOS User's Manual, DOS Technical Reference Manual, DOS Developer's
Manual, Intuition Manual, Hardware Manual, ROM Kernal Manual, Lattice 'C'
compiler and manual, 68000 Macro Assembler, and the IBM cross-development
environment.

Amiga Documentation              $99.95

contents: the 6 Amiga manuals from the kit.

IFF documentation and disk       $20.00

Schematics and Expansion spec.s  $20.00
(this is currently being printed, we should have them here in two weeks)

To order, send a check payable to Commodore Business Machines to:

                   Attn: Bernadette Loughery
                   1200 Wilson Drive
                   West Chester, PA 19380

( Remember to include your name/address and the name of the item you want )

These materials are provided as is.  In the past we have provided free
upgrades; however, this is not a policy.  Given the scale of the upgrades,
generally it is not financially feasible to send the materials out free
of charge.

Other new services are available to parties who can demonstrate an ability
to produce and market a product, or reach a large audience (for example a
university).  If you call 215/431-9180 or write us, we will send you an
application.

Dave Street --- Manager Commodore-Amiga Technical Support

Carolyn Scheppner -- CBM   >>Amiga Technical Support<<
                     UUCP  ...{allegra,caip,ihnp4,seismo}!cbmvax!carolyn
                     PHONE 215-431-9180

kim@mips.UUCP (06/18/86)

[ "Send lawyers, guns, and money ..." ]

> Due to finite resources, we are forced to restrict some of our support
> services.  However, we are willing to provide a number of materials to
> anyone.
> [ ... ]
> Schematics and Expansion spec.s  $20.00
> (this is currently being printed, we should have them here in two weeks)

Carolyn/Dave -

Schematics?  Are you refering to the schematics of the example expansion
backplane/board, or is this a set of schematics for the Amiga itself (a
full set ... drool)?

Another question ... does CBM-Amiga have any plans to make the PAL's
that are described in the Expansion specs available to individuals
(hobbists, etc.) that may not have access to a PAL/PROM burner?  Are the
PAL equations "public domain", or are they considered proprietary?

Thanks,
/kim
--

UUCP:  {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!mips!kim
DDD:   408-720-1700 x231

lorne@uokvax.UUCP (06/20/86)

This message is empty.

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (06/21/86)

In article <518@mips.UUCP> kim@mips.UUCP (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>[ "Send lawyers, guns, and money ..." ]
>
>> Due to finite resources, we are forced to restrict some of our support
>> services.  However, we are willing to provide a number of materials to
>> anyone.
>> [ ... ]
>> Schematics and Expansion spec.s  $20.00
>> (this is currently being printed, we should have them here in two weeks)
>

>Schematics?  Are you refering to the schematics of the example expansion
>backplane/board, or is this a set of schematics for the Amiga itself (a
>full set ... drool)?
>
>Another question ... does CBM-Amiga have any plans to make the PAL's
>that are described in the Expansion specs available to individuals
>(hobbists, etc.) that may not have access to a PAL/PROM burner?  Are the
>PAL equations "public domain", or are they considered proprietary?

   The schematics are for the Amiga itself.  Don't know about the PAL's.